Author Topic: setup question  (Read 538 times)

Offline Kappa2006

setup question
« on: October 29, 2011, »
Hey everyone.  Im in the process of putting my first show together and would like to run it by you all first to make sure im headed in the right direction.  I have my lynx dongle going to my splitter. Then I will have 4 dmx ssr4s daisy chained coming out of one of the splitters output.  Ill have an mr16 coming out of another output, and a LE out of the third.  I was also thinking about attempting to run 2 50 node smart strings,  in which I would daisy chain the smart string hub to the mr16.  Would this setup work? Am I close atleast? Lol. Thanks for the help and any advice you may have.

Brian
First show, 2011: 48 channels (ssr4's, lynx express, MR16), sequenced with Vixen, using 5000 led and incandescent lights

Offline tng5737

Re: setup question
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, »
SmartStrings run Pixelnet so you'd have to flash the dongle pic with the pixelnet firmware.  The pixelnet dongle would feed the Hub and you could take your dmx off of the hub.   Now depending on the physical layout you might be able to get by without the splitter since the LE's have two dmx outputs.  You would feed the ssr's off of one output and the mr16 out of the other (or just daisey-chain both.   I was going to use my splitters this year but by re-arranging the order of the dmx devices was able to eliminate the use to the splitters.

Offline Kappa2006

Re: setup question
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, »
OK I'll go that route then.  thanks for the advice.
First show, 2011: 48 channels (ssr4's, lynx express, MR16), sequenced with Vixen, using 5000 led and incandescent lights