Author Topic: Sweet new tool that will be comming out.  (Read 1095 times)

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Sweet new tool that will be comming out.
« on: February 06, 2012, »
I just saw a really sweet tool that will help you find the burned out / bad LED on a stran without having to go pull each light and test it individually. It's my understanding that it's in the prototype phase right now but hopefully it will be out shortly. The inventor is also a member of LSH & DLA. Cannot wait to get my hands on one of these. I spent hours trying to find those burned out LED's last year. I been told it will be available for around $25 - $30. A Deal if you consider your time. I'm not sure if I can give out the name so I won't at this time.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, by TexasStingray »
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Sweet new tool that will be comming out.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, »
Dennis is a member of the DLA forum too.

I wasn't able to attend the LSH Dallas meeting yesterday, so I missed seeing this at work. :-\
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, »
I'm reading too much into this.  Find the bad LED "that doesn't light up"?  Please enlighten me.  I'm feeling stupid.

Offline rimist

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, »
Many of the led strings when one bulb goes out they all go out. This tool would help you find the bad bulb without removing and testing each bulb

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, »
Let me enlighten you and everyone a little bit. I have a stran of LED lights they are Philips C6 60ct. When one of the bulbs go out I loose 30 as there are 2 secctions each section is 30 bulbs. what I have to do is take each bulb in the 30 section that does not work pull it out and move it into the other section of lights what works to test the bulb. What this tool is inject the power into the stran at a point of you choosing if the lights light up the you move the tool say in the opposit direction to add more lights to the section if it light up again you repeat if it does not it'e between th 2 points so move it back down. keep repeating until you find that bad one. then replace it an your good to go. you only had to pull the bad one.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, »
I have some Walmart C6 LED's but because the bulbs do fall out easy I have not used them.  For some reason I thought that if one fell out they would all still light.

I have been enlightened.  Thank you.  ;D

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, »
Yes, we are hoping to have the "LED Keeper" available at the Academy.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login