Author Topic: help with dmx and vixen  (Read 2806 times)

Offline barbotte

help with dmx and vixen
« on: May 20, 2011, »
hello here is the situation .. i was running ren 24ss last year and this year i finaly have my first LE and dongle build ( 4 more to go lol)  but how can i run my sequence from last year to the Le,,, without having to redo them all ... i think i succeed testing them has if i make a new sequence with like 30 sec ,, all my inboard led are flashing as supose to... any help with dmx and vixen would be apreciated .. too bad the chat room is alway empty ,,,
cheer

Offline jstevens

• Professional Net Lurker
Re: help with dmx and vixen
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, »
Pull up the sequence in the editor, add the new channels to the profile, then copy/paste the old controller channels to the new controller channels.

Highlight the channel you want to copy first so the program knows what to put into the copy buffer.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, »
Are you using both the renard and LE or just the LE?

If both than just add another output plugin. Use Entec DMX Pro set the com port and set the channel range higher than the renard numbers.
IE: Ren using 1-24, set DMX to 25-512

If just the LE then remove the ren port  plugin and set the Entec DMX pro to com port and channel range 1 - 512 set the baud rate to 115200

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline barbotte

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, »
well good news .. i complete 5 LE and they seem to all work .. and i manage to piggyback tail them ( or whaever your guys call it ) but now i want to add those ren 24ss somewhere either before or after the Le .. how do i do it ?? do i need to reflash the pic ?? if so with what ..
. by the way on my sequence right now i only have the lynx controler (entec DMX) with 512 chanel ( witch is more than i will used )  thank so much .
ps 2 of them has the data link LEd on all the time .. does it affect anything ?
 cheer
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, by barbotte »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, »
Congrats!

No it will work flawlessly.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline barbotte

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, »
Congrats!

No it will work flawlessly.

RJ
thank for the congrat but i am far from bien done as they wont comunicate ...how do i get them to work or talk to each other ...
cheer

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, »
If you want to use the renards with the expresses on the DMX you need the Renard DMX firmware loaded in your Renards.  Or you can use two networks one for the renards and DMX for the Lynx.

The cable is different for DMX on a renard also so you have to make an adapter cable. I do not know much on the renard end but I know someone here has done it and can help.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, »
well good news .. i complete 5 LE and they seem to all work .. and i manage to piggyback tail them ( or whaever your guys call it ) but now i want to add those ren 24ss somewhere either before or after the Le .. how do i do it ?? do i need to reflash the pic ?? if so with what ..
. by the way on my sequence right now i only have the lynx controler (entec DMX) with 512 chanel ( witch is more than i will used )  thank so much .
ps 2 of them has the data link LEd on all the time .. does it affect anything ?
 cheer

Were you planning to run the  Ren24SS off the Lynx Dongle or are you planning to run the Ren24SS via serial/RS485?
If you were planning to run them off the Lynx dongle, you will have to flash the chips on the REN24SS to DMX and use a custom CAT5 cable since the pin outs are different.
The easiest way to handle it is as Rick suggested. Run the plugin for the REN24SS just like you did last year and add a new one for the Lynx Dongle.

These questions can better be answered on the other forum.

Brian

PS RJ beat me to an answer...
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline barbotte

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, »
when you said 2 network you mean like ren on com port 1 and dongle -LE on com port 3 ?
going to try that
thanks  

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, »
yeah, like run your renards like before, and also have the expresses connected to the dongle.
then run vixen with 2 plugins attached to your sequence
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!