Author Topic: I've never shut down a show before, but.... (solved)  (Read 2449 times)

Offline rm357

I've never shut down a show before, but....
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, »
You might want to try a different universe setting on the wireless. These co-exist in the same 2.4GHz band as your and your neighbor's wifi...
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: I've never shut down a show before, but....
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, »
It appears the problem is with the active hub.  I can run all the DMX devices from a USB DMX dongle with no problem.  When I tried to reflash the hub that I removed the Pickit software would not recognize the chip so I reheated the PIC socket, the ICSP pins, and the 485 socket between the PIC and the ICSp.  Now The pickit recognizes the chip and I can reflash it.  Next is to go outside and put this one back in play and remove the backup.  Strange that both active hubs failed on DMX out.  Unfortunately it is misting out right now and unlikely to get much better today.  On the other hand this hub is in a marine battery box and is on the porch so at least under roof.  Tonight is a a big Christmas Party so I won;t be home to babysit the show.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: I've never shut down a show before, but....
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, »
And the problem was..........The Etherdongle, both of them.  They would run the pixelnet lights fine, but no DMX.  Switched back to a USB Pixelnet dongle and the show is running as expected.  Tomorrow I will have to work on the EDs or else I will never get my pixel tree running on Universe 2.

Now to get ready for tonights Christmas Party.  At least I can invite folks to drive by after the party now.  LOL
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Re: I've never shut down a show before, but.... (solved)
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, »
Glad to here its  fixed....
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline winwin

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, »
Jim,

Just read your post and I knew you would get that situation under control. You know your stuff, no doubt about that!
congrat on finding the problem!
AL.

sjb

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, »
Great news. We all knew you would figure it out.

Steve

Offline zwiller

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, »
Glad you got it under control. 

With regard to the ED, Ralphie says: Be sure to drink your Ovaltine use the latest ED firmware from the wiki.   ;D
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, »
I probably will not get to work on this today as I have other things to get done before the show goes live around 5:30p.  It sure is strange that the ED will not run DMX but the USB pixelnet dongle will.  I do not change anything except move the cable that goes to the active hub from one device to the other and voila.  The smart strings work with either dongle.  I am using the firmware that I downloaded from the wiki on 12/5/2012.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA