Author Topic: I am in need of help fast  (Read 1095 times)

Offline jrtem9

I am in need of help fast
« on: November 20, 2010, »
 I am trying to get together a Lynx Express before Christmas. I have nothing and don't even know what all I need. I am wanting to put together a light show this year if possible and I don't have a loaded bank account. My father-in-law is in really bad shape and we don't know how much longer he will be with us. My 11 year old daughter has an arachnoid cyst the size of a softball in her brain, and she has already been through one brain surgery with talk of another one sometime next year. And now we have discovered two pituitary cysts in my wife's brain with no idea yet on what is to be done about it yet. Now all three of them could live to be a hundred if God is willing but everything is up in the air right now.
I have been wanting to do this for them for Christmas but can't seem to get a hold on anything for it. I am so new at this I am still learning how all of this works with getting what you need. I know it may not be possible to get this done before Christmas with it so close, and I pray nothing will happen to any of my family anytime soon, but I still have to try. So if anyone can help me in anyway I will greatly appreciate it. I could use help in learning how all this works and what all I need. Thank you to all that may read this. If you can, also contact me by email at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login as this is actually the best way to get a message to me until I get all this forum stuff figured out. God Bless.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: I am in need of help fast
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am trying to get together a Lynx Express before Christmas. I have nothing and don't even know what all I need. I am wanting to put together a light show this year if possible and I don't have a loaded bank account. My father-in-law is in really bad shape and we don't know how much longer he will be with us. My 11 year old daughter has an arachnoid cyst the size of a softball in her brain, and she has already been through one brain surgery with talk of another one sometime next year. And now we have discovered two pituitary cysts in my wife's brain with no idea yet on what is to be done about it yet. Now all three of them could live to be a hundred if God is willing but everything is up in the air right now.
I have been wanting to do this for them for Christmas but can't seem to get a hold on anything for it. I am so new at this I am still learning how all of this works with getting what you need. I know it may not be possible to get this done before Christmas with it so close, and I pray nothing will happen to any of my family anytime soon, but I still have to try. So if anyone can help me in anyway I will greatly appreciate it. I could use help in learning how all this works and what all I need. Thank you to all that may read this. If you can, also contact me by email at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login as this is actually the best way to get a message to me until I get all this forum stuff figured out. God Bless.

I am sorry to hear of all the serious issues you are having to deal with and at this time of the year more so!

One of the issues is that the items you find here are Do It Yourself and so require building. This means time and so it is hard if even possible to start on a DIY show this late in the year. The commerical folks have ready to use controllers but you still need to have the stuff to put in the yard to control and the sequencing done to music in the software to do it. You can purchase seqences pre made with the commerical units that would jump start you.

The community as a whole is very helpful and caring and there may be someone who has a spare backup controller they can loan you but it would still be an extreme challenge to setup and do. And if you are spending time with your loved ones in this trying time then where will the time to setup come from?

Here is where I am going. There are alternatives. They sell little shows in a box (Mr christmas kinda of stuff) at the home do it centers that have the songs in them ready to go, you just put your lights up and plug them in. This would require a minimum of your precious time away from the love ones and have lower cost, time, learning curve to get you up and going for this year. Then if you wish to do a larger more complex show next year start Janaury by reading and jumping in coops to get what you need, start seqencing your music early and be ready for next season with a show worth your time.

Not trying to talk you out of anything just know it takes time to learn enough to see this, and am trynig to help shorten your time from the love ones where you needed most.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline cardoc13

• Leturno's Light Show
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, »
we have a light and sounds of christmas, that we got at menards last year, it plays 12 songs, my baby and grandson loved it,
more then willing to send to you, can ship on monday if you will let me have your address. and your family will be in my prayers,
hope you have a merry christmas and god bless
scott,

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, »
I agree with RJs assessment, but it would help if you posted your location so that people nearest you may  be see your message and be more able to help out.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jrtem9

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, »
Thank you to all who have posted. I didn't think to leave my location but here it is
107 Rainbow Ave
Warner Robins, GA 31093