Fun > The Porch

To soon to ask about 2018 Coops?

<< < (2/2)

rjhodgefamily:
I was sort of worried about Minleon having the rights, but couldn't find anything definitive.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThe problem with Renard is that there implementation of DMX was not a full version but rather an adaptation of the Renard protocol and where it would respond to DMX commands, it would still alter the data stream like the Renard protocol does.  This forces you to put the controllers in a specific order for them to work properly which is not needed with a true DMX setup.

--- End quote ---

Yeah that is what I was afraid of looking at the Renard boards. As for pixels if it was only my house I might consider moving to pixels. Somewhere the whole thing blew up and is now 11 houses which is awesome looking but a little of a pain to switch anything out. Looks like I will still be stuck picking things up onesie, twosie until I can figure out a solution to move new expansion to. Not ideal but I know enough boards come up every year, just prefer the guarantee of a coop.

I would reverse engineer the boards but I know that isn't right to all the work RJ put in, nor would I without some kind of official nod.

Guess I will keep plodding away until we hear something from one of the coop managers.

tbone321:
I guess my question is why switch everything out?  You could use pixels for some of your further development and slowly change some props over like leaping arches which would make your AC dimmers available for props that are not easy or practical to convert. 

rjhodgefamily:
Yeah I realize that and that is what it may come to. Maybe it is just my inner reluctance to change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version