Hardware > Lynx MR16 / 16 CH DC Controller

setting start channel number on mr16

<< < (2/4) > >>

mmciver:
finally after many frustrating attempts i got it done!!!
BTW, the address I was shooting for was 129 but I do not have vixen

As suggested I re-flashed the PIC and tried again.  No go:(

Out of pure frustration, I had the program sending the new address, and I power cycled the card 4 or 5 times with start address running.

I didn't expect it to do anything, but as soon as I tried to test, boom, it worked at the right address.

Since I only had one board, I didn't try to replicate and make sure I could do it again, but it worked for me and it is now out in the display working like it should.

Thanks for all the help!

Mike.

JonB256:
Frustrating, yes. Beating me?  NO !!!

First MR16 took the start channel just like all the instructions said. Put jumper on program. Set DMX channel 1 to the Intensity you want (81). Power ON, Power OFF.  Done. That simple.

The next one was seriously trying my patience. Just in case it was the controller, I moved the PIC to the above board that was so easy. No such luck.

Tried and tried.

Here's what worked for me.

First, I had the DMX signal set to Channel 1, Intensity 97. I just left it plugged in.
With power applied, I pulled the jumper and moved it to Program, pulled it, put it on, pulled it, put it on - probably 15 times. I was ticked off and I was going to show it who was boss!!

I killed power, moved the jumper to operate, and Success!
Somewhere in there, it took.

The third and final board was 113. I tried the easy way. Again, no luck
I tried the "ticked off" way and it worked. Don't know whether it was the 3rd time or the 15th time, but somewhere in there, cycling the jumper with power applied the whole time did the trick.

p.s., I was using the Bobcat DMX Tester as my source since the start channels were all less than 255.
So convenient.  Be sure to get one next Coop.

SteveMaris:
I had issues programming 3 out 4 as well.
 Apparently I was not ticked off enough.  ;D
I have another coming,
so I will be sure to get nice and mad before trying to program it.  >:D

JonB256:
I'm still wondering why some PICs accept the change more easily.
I used my PicKit 2, which is configured to read the Revision number of the 18F1220 chips. I was convinced that my "easy" one would be a different Rev #.

Disappointment. :(  All three are Rev 07 chips.  I'm still wondering.

rrowan:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI'm still wondering why some PICs accept the change more easily.
I used my PicKit 2, which is configured to read the Revision number of the 18F1220 chips. I was convinced that my "easy" one would be a different Rev #.

Disappointment. :(  All three are Rev 07 chips.  I'm still wondering.

--- End quote ---

Have you put a pic in one of the "easy" boards?

Wondering if its the board instead of the pic

Rick R.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version