Author Topic: two sequences at same time capability?  (Read 964 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
two sequences at same time capability?
« on: June 25, 2011, »
So I really love the concept behind xlights, its so simple, yet so powerful.

How about if  xLights could play two sequences (of the same song) at the same time?  You would load up sequence 1 and sequence 2 ... and you could play these back using xlights as a single song/sequence ... and still map out the various channels for each to the desired networks/protocols as you can today ... but somehow use 'the song' (music, start of audio waveform) as the unifying sync element between them.

The idea is that you could leverage your work from one year to another in a very easy way ... just add on stuff in a sequencing program and export to a format the xlights can play (like LOR or VIXEN).

Even though (the argument can be made that) you can convert say from LOR to LSP and then back again ... you loose significant things every time you convert.  And you don't get back a sequence that is really the same when its all said and done.

Just an idea.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: two sequences at same time capability?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, »
Interesting idea. I think I would rather create a separate "merge" utility to combine the sequences. Lots of other work to do first though (pixelnet and E1.31).

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jeffcoast

Re: two sequences at same time capability?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, »
Even if you convert from one format to another, doesn't it keep the original? so if you want to make changes, go back to the original and then just reconvert. I could see this handy if you wanted to sequence some things in LOR and others in LSP to make use of some of the features of both, and then play both sequences as one song.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL