Author Topic: for those that missed the great christmas light fight  (Read 3795 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
SPOILER ALERT!!!

this is the larson light show that won on the great christmas light fight. the strobes on this display are insane!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Re: for those that missed the great christmas light fight
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, »
Video blocked for copyright reasons.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, »
It works for me.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, »
worked for me too
Florence, KY

Offline johno123

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, »
I got hit with a BMG error as we'll...

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, »
I got hit with a BMG error as we'll...

works for me every time I click on the link. not sure why it isn't for you
Florence, KY

Offline arw01

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, »
After that episode the wife wanted strobes too!

I was shocked at this week's second hour winner, as I expected the pond would take it.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 4

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, »
I was shocked at this week's second hour winner, as I expected the pond would take it.

I surprised about the winner of the last episode as well. It was nice... just not over the top. I personally liked the one by the "wild party animal family".

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, »
I can't imagine the money spent on that.  I can see the limits of using LOR in this show.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, »
this is the larson light show that won on the great christmas light fight. the strobes on this display are insane!

Interestingly, as I was watching the video, the CCRs shown some words scrolling by (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login). They flashed on and off for some reason and some bits seemed to be missing, but I was able to make out "SynchronizedChristmas.com".

I thought, "Hmmmm... I guess the owner of the house has a web site". I was WRONG. When I went there, it was for a company that does this sort of thing. The winner subcontracted his light display!?! WTF, that doesn't seem kosher to me--okay, the word "kosher" may not be the right term for Christmas, LOL. I thought it was a contest of peoples' own love of Christmas light decorating? By those rules, if the owner of this mansion enters the Light Fight contest next year... (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), he should be supreme ruler of the Christmas light display universe, and we all should bow our heads before him!!! For more info visit: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, by Gary »

Offline tbone321

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, »
I really hope that they don't pick the same contestants every year.  That would make the show a waste of time.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, »

Interestingly, as I was watching the video, the CCRs shown some words scrolling by (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login). They flashed on and off for some reason and some bits seemed to be missing, but I was able to make out "SynchronizedChristmas.com".

I thought, "Hmmmm... I guess the owner of the house has a web site". I was WRONG. When I went there, it was for a company that does this sort of thing. The winner subcontracted his light display!?! WTF, that doesn't seem kosher to me--okay, the word "kosher" may not be the right term for Christmas, LOL. I thought it was a contest of peoples' own love of Christmas light decorating? By those rules, if the owner of this mansion enters the Light Fight contest next year... (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login), he should be supreme ruler of the Christmas light display universe, and we all should bow our heads before him!!! For more info visit: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

i'm with you! that's not kosher!!! he should have been disqualified and the contestant with the arch over his house should be awarded the prize.(we thought that they should have one that episode any way)  if he didn't do everything for his show and paid some one to do the sequencing I don't think that is fair. all though it was an amazing show and he did install it, the sequencing was done professionally so that should disqualify him. I was under the impression that it was an "amateur" contest.  IMHO

duane
Florence, KY

Offline drlucas

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, »
I'll make a critique. too many strobes. 1200. really? That's too many even for that mansion. We should have a DLA contest...set up a poll and use youtube. who ever gets the most votes gets the DLA trophy. We could make a small Lynx type animal and mount it on a trophy and then ship it to the winner for the season. Make a new tradition 

-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, »
I'll make a critique. too many strobes. 1200. really? That's too many even for that mansion. We should have a DLA contest...set up a poll and use youtube. who ever gets the most votes gets the DLA trophy. We could make a small Lynx type animal and mount it on a trophy and then ship it to the winner for the season. Make a new tradition

he actually said during the show that he bought more and was up to 2500 strobes.
Florence, KY

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, »

another take...  maybe anyone who receives help should also be disqualified...  maybe having neighbors hoisting up a huge arch, is a disqualifier... or asking for help in a forum.

Larson mentioned in the show that the CCRs were new.  If I was trying to get this up for the first time, I might get help with the sequencing.  Maybe stealing, borrowing, or paying for sequences.

SynchronizedChristmas is one of our Texas guys who specializes in LOR stuff.  He might have helped others, too.

i'm with you! that's not kosher!!! he should have been disqualified and the contestant with the arch over his house should be awarded the prize.(we thought that they should have one that episode any way)  if he didn't do everything for his show and paid some one to do the sequencing I don't think that is fair. all though it was an amazing show and he did install it, the sequencing was done professionally so that should disqualify him. I was under the impression that it was an "amateur" contest.  IMHO

duane
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro