Author Topic: LED Light Bulb?  (Read 1017 times)

Offline crazybob

LED Light Bulb?
« on: March 18, 2010, »
Figured someone here might be able to help. We're looking to replace the lights in some curio cabinets with LED light bulbs. We don't want to install the "puck" style lights, but would rather just replace the existing bulbs with some LED bulbs. Problem is, I don't know what the existing bulb shape is called and if they make LED ones that size. the bulbs are about 4-5 inches long, and probably about 1 inch in diamater. They are 25 watt. All the curios we have use this style of bulb, so i'm sure they are pretty common. Anyone know what they're called, and where I can get some LED versions the same shape?

Offline crazybob

Re: LED Light Bulb?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, »
Those look like the ones i'm talking about. Now that you mention it i do recall seeing them in many picture frame lights and office lamps. I do wish they weren't so expensive, we need about 18 of them!

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, »
If it does not have to be long, what about these?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I bought a few.  My guess is about 25 watts of light using only 2 watts of juice.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline crazybob

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, »
The problem is, The light is mounted sideways above everything in the cabinet. if the spotlights were used, they would shine sideways instead of down.

Offline Kwajtony

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, »
look here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, perhaps you will find something you like.

R

Tony "C"
R,
Tony "C"