Author Topic: Twilight Zone Black Hole  (Read 1193 times)

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
Twilight Zone Black Hole
« on: April 07, 2010, »
Has any buddy ever considered creating a Twilight Zone Black hole?

I thought about using Leaping arches design to build the spiral and fade the lights. Just wondering if anyone would think this would be a good effect or do you all have any other ideas to create this visual. I might do this for Halloween. I was thinking about starting with a 8' circle and winding in, with maybe 48 channels. Give me your thoughts, Please!

regards,

Kevin ???

Offline tmtfield

Re: Twilight Zone Black Hole
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, »
Sounds cool to me;

Try adding a smoke machine, small fan, and a strobe light to get the whole vortex of terror thing going.

Tim
Debating with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead

Tim

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, »
I am going to set up something like that for my Halloween display this year.  I have a spifer web that I illuminated last year and will automate it this year.  I am looking at around 14 channels to do what I want it to do.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, »
I like the ideas.  I am going to added some of that also.  Thanks, I guess I will make a video if I can get this done in time.

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, »
What do you think about building a spiral with 16 rope lights? 8 of blue and 8 of white with a strobe in the center, add some smoke and air flow. Trigger each rope at different times to make a spinning effect.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, »
If done right it should look pretty cool but in of itself, it is more Si-Fi then anything else.  If you want to make it a Halloween decoration then you would probably need to add a bit more.  I would either put it behind the entrance of some type of cemetery archway or place  it in a grave yard scene perhaps with some type of Halloween monster beckoning people to enter.  A voice over might work well there as well. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving