Author Topic: The Addiction  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
The Addiction
« on: April 10, 2010, »
In the beginning, I thought that I would be a good newbie and start small with 32 channels, so I ordered 2 LEs on the first coop. After I started laying out my yard and doing some reading and sequencing, I thought it would be better to have 64 channels so I ordered 2 more LEs on the 2nd coop. Now my LE pusher says there is going to be another coop. I need to figure out where I am going to put the next 32 channels. I need more lights. I need some arches. I need some strobes. I am so addicted. Is there a 12 step program for blinky flashy?

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline rm357

The Addiction
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, »
No 12 step. This is my first year and I'm aiming for 84 channels - ann that's with only white bulbs. Plan to add some color next year, but that could quadruple the channel count... and lets not talk about aether too much. I might start drooling and short out my laptop.

;D
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline crazybob

The Addiction
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, »
Actually there is a 12 step program. If you ordered 2 LE's in the first coop, and 2 in this coop, it sounds like you may be ready for step three...

Offline egenoup

The Addiction
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, »
And remember the Dongle, wireless, freestyle and aether steps!  if all goes as planed we may also see the conductor.  You may want to think about a equity line of credit... heheh   <la..

Charles

Offline foodseller

• Celebrating CHRISTmas-one light at a time!
The Addiction
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, »
Now see, I was doing fine until you mentioned the conductor!!!! <md..   Now I will have to enter into the 12 step program.   AAHHHHH the toys that can be had with nice line of equity loan!!!! Just don't tell SWMBO!!
Up to three channels now!!! Flashlight in each hand and one on my hat!

Offline crazybob

The Addiction
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And remember the Dongle, wireless, freestyle and aether steps!  if all goes as planed we may also see the conductor.  You may want to think about a equity line of credit... heheh   <la..

Charles

Oh no... this is a LYNX EXPRESS 12 step program. Each of those things have their own program, and they will NOT be taking steps away from the Express!

Offline OkieJay

The Addiction
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, »
I told myself I would only add 4 Expresses this year. 

So far I have ordered 48 strings of LED minis, 4 Expresses and I am building a motorized carosel for my LED train (a train should move).
I am also thinking of adding 4 wireless modules, 1 conductor and maybe even 1 MR16 unit. 
This hobby is VERY addictive.

Offline tbone321

The Addiction
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, »
How are you setting up your slip ring assembly?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline tmtfield

The Addiction
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, »
I don't think we will have to worry about joining a 12 step program. I heard my wife saying something about an intervention the other day, and starting the WABFA Fondation (Wife's against Blinky-Flashy addictions). <yk..

Thanks again for the Hard work RJ & JJ.

Tim
Debating with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead

Tim

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
The Addiction
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, »
I don't think we will have to worry about joining a 12 step program. I heard my wife saying something about an intervention the other day, and starting the WABFA Fondation (Wife's against Blinky-Flashy addictions). <yk..

Thanks again for the Hard work RJ & JJ.

Tim

Hey Tim,

My wife wants to know if your wife is starting WABFA on facebook?

So all of the wife's can get together and talk about "our" problem :D

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
The Addiction
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, »
My wife wants to join.  If it can be set up before the divorce.

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
The Addiction
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, »
My mini trees and my small mega tree are set up in my garage. I run sequences almost every night just to prove to myself that I really did it. I have to park my truck in the driveway. I called all of my friends and asked all of my co-workers and neighbors to give me their extra Christmas lights. I check Craigs list and ebay every day for sales on LEDs. I spend an hour every night working on my Vixen sequences.  I topped some of the trees in my yard so I could put lights on them without renting a man lift. I cheated on my taxes to get a bigger return to buy more stuff.
My name is John. I am a blinky/flashy addict.

If my wife would get a 2nd job, I could afford more blinky flashy.
Maybe I can sell some plasma.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
The Addiction
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, »
This sounds like a cool thread  ;D

We should have a separate topic for "The Addiction"

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: The Addiction
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, »
This sounds like a cool thread  ;D

We should have a separate topic for "The Addiction"

-Paul

As per your request :D

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
Re: The Addiction
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, »
My wife says at least I'm not out cheating or drinking. I have one that leaves me do blinky, why would I want to change. And, I have a hard enough time seeing the holes now, I can't even begin to imagine trying to solder while boozed up.