Author Topic: Pixel issues...unable to troubleshoot.  (Read 3449 times)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Pixel issues...unable to troubleshoot.
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, »
i saw it before, but not now....
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, »
Same thing happened to the info about the commercial version of Lynx Express.

One day there, next day just gone......

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, »
The Commerical version of the Lynx is just that Commerical. It did not belong on our DIY forum so the thread was removed.

The Mod itself is beign modded. So I removed it to keep anyone else from making the mod.

Do not worry those that have modded. The cut you madeis correct and you willjust be moving the wire to another spot on the pcb. and reflashing.

I have found that I am wore out and making mistake on top of mistake trying to do too much for too many. Therefore I am taking off for a few days and so the update will not get posted til I get back.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, »
Ok so if I know someone that would probably like to buy one of the commercial units I don't have anywhere to refer them to.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, »
Pehhaps this should go out as an email to evryone.  I downloaded both the update document and the firmware and if I didn't jus happen to see this thread in a link from another on,  would have happily went on making changes.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, »
Do we know what the issues with the current mod were? How safe is it to use it and what should we be looking at as symptoms?
I don't mind waiting for as long as it takes to get a 'SSC v4', I just don't want to cause problems in the medium to long run to the equipment.
I finished modding my last 25 v2 SSC last night, if it is safer I'll put them back in a 'v2 state'.

Also, I would like to know if the (ex) v3 MOD had indeed two different MODs in it. The first one being the cut and rerouting of the trace, and the second one the swap of the 47ohms resistor for a 220/330ohms resistor?
ie: if you have to go back to v2 (or v1) from a MODded v3, can you keep the 330ohms resistor and only move the wire to reconstruct the cut trace?

Offline zwiller

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, »
The V3 mod is working excellent for me so I can only imagine the new mod is further improvement.  I have bench tested most of my SSC's for like 12 hours at a time.  (I just like having the test firmware blink away as I work)   ;D

Enjoy your time off RJ!

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, »
I haven't encounter any issues with the v3s themselves, but if RJ felt the need to do a 'recall' of the whole thing, I won't be trying to outthink him and convince myself that 'it's all good'.
The test firmware does only show you potential issues on the output side of things. The controller itself doesn't need to be set for the number of channels you have attached to it, and/or their configurations. If the problem that RJ has noticed is coming or related to the input, you will not be able to actually notice it by simply using the test firmware.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, »
No panic. No one had reported any issue and they will not harm anything. In my hurry while attempting to work out an easy mod to do with the units on the pvc I managed to move the intend mod from the chosen port to a port that has the same issue. Then when the modded firmware did not work instead of relizing what I had done I thought I screwed up on the firmware cause I looked at the hardward and noticed I was on a different pin. Should have thought "hardware mistake" but I fixed the software instead. As I said need a break from it all.so anyway this port does put out a better signal so you guys did not catch it. I Will swap the firmware back and post the pin to move you wire to once I return.

Most people are not rushing to mod anyway as majoriy have never had an issue to start with.

RJ

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying