Hardware > Lynx Smart String

What is the EtherDongle

<< < (14/15) > >>

tbone321:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginAny ETA on availability of the EtherDongle?  Any chance it will be available for this season?

--- End quote ---

RJ does not normally give out ETA's on new equipment, especially something like the EtherDongle.  I would suspect that after he is happy with it he will set it up for beta testing and since there is no set time on how long that will take .....

joshuashu:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginWell Rick as I am sure you know I am an LOR user and mix in all DMX stuff.  I am trying to come up with the most economical way of implementing the SS's into my display this year.  I already know I am using them in my snowflakes and I am also trying to create a video screen of sorts out of the pixel strings.  LOR has announced that they will have ethernet support this year and was hoping/wondering if RJ had a chance to test it with their software.  However, if the EDongle isn't out this year the whole idea is shot and I need to use the dongles.  I am hoping that everything will work out OK with xLights as my last resort as well.

Just trying to gather up some information to make some final decisions for 2011.

--- End quote ---

Greg,

Keep me posted on what you find out, I am interested... switching back to LOR for 2012 and hope i can use the SS with LOR and etherdongle.

ponddude:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginWell Rick as I am sure you know I am an LOR user and mix in all DMX stuff.  I am trying to come up with the most economical way of implementing the SS's into my display this year.  I already know I am using them in my snowflakes and I am also trying to create a video screen of sorts out of the pixel strings.  LOR has announced that they will have ethernet support this year and was hoping/wondering if RJ had a chance to test it with their software.  However, if the EDongle isn't out this year the whole idea is shot and I need to use the dongles.  I am hoping that everything will work out OK with xLights as my last resort as well.

Just trying to gather up some information to make some final decisions for 2011.

--- End quote ---

Greg,

Keep me posted on what you find out, I am interested... switching back to LOR for 2012 and hope i can use the SS with LOR and etherdongle.

--- End quote ---

After weighing all the options and realizing that neither LOR or RJ can give a firm date as to when the ethernet systems will be available, I am going to just use xLights.  I have been playing with it and it works really well.  Once my strings get here from Ray I am going to test the entire system out, but from what I can tell there should be absolutely no issues.

taybrynn:
xlights doesn't support pixelnet yet, but is supposed to (this year) ...

I honestly have  the most confidence in xlights this year.  I guess Vixen (converted from LOR) is another option.

If LSP 2.0 delivers ... I'll be happy ... but I'm skeptical still and waiting to get on the beta testing team.

I've been thinking about using LOR and perhaps using LSP as an RGB effects generator (and then export back into LOR, similar to how superstar lights worked in 2010) ... just convert them all back into LOR16 controllers, and then map out actual hardward and protocols used in xlights.

joshuashu:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginxlights doesn't support pixelnet yet, but is supposed to (this year) ...

I honestly have  the most confidence in xlights this year.  I guess Vixen (converted from LOR) is another option.

If LSP 2.0 delivers ... I'll be happy ... but I'm skeptical still and waiting to get on the beta testing team.

I've been thinking about using LOR and perhaps using LSP as an RGB effects generator (and then export back into LOR, similar to how superstar lights worked in 2010) ... just convert them all back into LOR16 controllers, and then map out actual hardward and protocols used in xlights.

--- End quote ---

I totally understand your concerns about LSP.  I am taking the year off this year, and next year plan to use LOR again, simply because the scheduler in LSP did not perform. although it does look nice have you seen the new video?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version