Author Topic: My (not really) first failure  (Read 551 times)

Offline drlucas

My (not really) first failure
« on: December 20, 2013, »
Crazy freezing rain and the last two hours more rain then freezing. Add in 8" of snow covering the ground it's a swamp on the lawn. My tune to and LE connected candy canes are dark when I come home. The rest of the show all working. Walk over and one of the two gfi 20amp circuits are tripped. I reset it (after unplugging both cords of course first) and reconnect one at a time. Everything comes back to life. So that's good news. Will wait to see if it trips again. Supposed to hover around freezing the next 3 days and maybe 6" of snow tomorrow or an inch of rain. We will wait and see.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline tbone321

Re: My (not really) first failure
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, »
That's the reason why I don't use them for my display.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline drlucas

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, »
....and thar she blows again.

SO, it's either the Ray27 controller feeding my singing tree power (that's in a marine box on the roof) OR the LE that's on the ground with a number of candy canes connected to it. My best guess is tripping  due to water on the ground. It's been reset again this time with only the Ray connected. We will see what happens in the next 30 minutes. 90% of my show though is RGB so I'm not too disappointed except the FM sign is connected to the LE. Tomorrow I will probably go with a direct run power to the sign and just keep it on a timer until it dries up a bit...definitely have to rethink this in the future. Go figure it was single digits on Monday and 35 today. What a swing.
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline towtruck

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, »
Good luck mate!

Offline drlucas

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, »
Update - rest of night was business as usual. Singing tree stayed singing :)

Going to sleep on something and then try to do some negotiating.

I will Sean to chip in on the virtual santa video though. two questions - 1 how long is that video go for (thinking about the mrs clause set of videos) and 2- what type of screen did you use for the window? I have a 5x4' bay window and thinking about making a small frame out of 1/2" pvc, put a table cloth layed on the outline and then just tacked down (likely with little screws) and then see what happens.

I figure the santa is a 3hr or so job from start to finish and the forecast looks brutal the next few days for rain and ice. at least the rest of the show survived and more important, the GFI did what it was built to do. shut off!
-Ryan Lucas-