Author Topic: Another LE is unleashed  (Read 1331 times)

Offline mordtech

Another LE is unleashed
« on: December 17, 2010, »
I finished up my first LE. I know, a little late, but I found this website late.

So far, I dont have it in the yard yet, but my kids still think it is way cool. Last night, while playing with it, they decided that we should hook it to the Christmas tree. From the street, it looked like the tree was having convulsions. I plan on setting up a few mini trees with the LE on Saturday. At least We'll have a few days of blinking.

So a public thanks to RJ for coming up with some really cool technology that is super user friendly.

Bill

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Re: Another LE is unleashed
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, »
Congratulations  just think of the possibilitys for next year
Jeff

Offline batdive

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, »
Congrats ..   My first year was about the same just some going through the colors and randomize from a computer to test stuff out with no music in sight.

Welcome to the addiction

-JS

Offline mordtech

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, »
All right,
The mini-trees are blinking. I'll have to wait until to tonight to see how it looks.

This morning, I watched Invasion of the Christmas lights this morning. 260,000 lights? 6.5 miles of extension cords.
I've got a long way to go.  ;D

Bill

Offline Jugster

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, »
congrats!!!

How did you get all the parts? This is my first year as well but I am still waiting for 1 part for both the dongle and the LE.

Offline mordtech

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, »
Jugster,

I had to order a few of the parts from another vendor. onlinecomponents.com.

they have a $35 dollar minimum order and painful shipping. I ordered 4 components from them. Each piece came from a different warehouse, so they wanted to charge me 4 shipping charges. I got them to split with me.

I really wanted some blinking lights this year.

what parts are you waiting for?

Bill