Author Topic: Need a beta tester that has expresses & very cold weather  (Read 1583 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
I need a beta tester. These are the requirements :

Needs some expresses in their show that have the cool temp issue and that has temps to match.  They must also be using leds and have it where the random trigger on off channels lightly sometimes. And they need to be technical and willing to do a mod to a express they will require it to be out of the case to do. You also need to be willing to order a few parts from mouser to use to do this. 

If you can meet all these requirements post and I will PM you.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
Oh yea, it's winter and I'm not coaching baseball or on the pontoon.

:) joe
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
I'd like to help but all my controllers are being used nightly until the 4th of Jan.

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Do you have a show with multiple units using leds? And how cold is it where you are? Do you have the issue with the units not starting if left off when cold?  And do you have the random twinkle that some get with leds as false triggers?

This is a mod that will take about an hour on the bench and then you can need to put it back in use in a show with a number of other controllers all useing leds.

RJ
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, by RJ »

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Hey, RJ I can help.

What do you need?

Bill

Offline RJ

• Administrator

Do you have a show with multiple units using leds? And how cold is it where you are? Do you have the issue with the units not starting if left off when cold?  And do you have the random twinkle that some get with leds as false triggers?

This is a mod that will take about an hour on the bench and then you can need to put it back in use in a show with a number of other controllers all useing leds.

RJ

No, I don't meet that criteria.  But I can tell you this, LEDs make a lot of line noise!

joe

Ok,  I can get bill to do it he is up and running.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

RJ

Offline blickensderfer

• Administrator
RJ,

I've noticed that false triggers happen on strobes too.  In my show my strobes will just fire.  I haven't put in a 47K resistor yet to see if it stops.  I have some but haven't had the time.  I think I can add it to the LE tomorrow before the show.  I can let you know if it fixes my issue.  I'm not running LED's in show and I don't get any false triggers on any other channels.

Dan

Offline blickensderfer

• Administrator
RJ,

FYI, I added the 47K resistor to 3 of my LE that runs my strobes and the false triggering has gone away.

Dan

Offline RJ

• Administrator
RJ,

FYI, I added the 47K resistor to 3 of my LE that runs my strobes and the false triggering has gone away.

Dan

Good to hear. The same issue is likely triggering your triacs. Very sudden changes of  votage on a triac can cause it to trigger with out gate current. The resistor give the flow somewhere else to go.
Bill has a modified Express up testing it. It has the newer 3,3 reg and the resistors on it just like the Ver 5 board has.

RJ