Author Topic: New SSC  (Read 49280 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: New SSC
« Reply #210 on: April 23, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did anyone take pictures of their build. Is anyone able to work on a manual or if not at least send me images to use to create it. The V4 is different enough I need to get a manual made for it. We will be doing a coop very shortly if nothing turns up in the next few days of testing.

RJ

Sorry I did not take any pictures.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2013, »
Of Course I took Pictures LOL

I am ready to build the manual

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #212 on: April 23, 2013, »
Not a whole lot improvement at 25' maybe 90 channels before issues. 
Also tried 20' and good to about 150 channels. 
Seems like full string white is the issue, full string rgb each is ok. Maybe a voltage drop issue and not data? 

Tested out for the night.  Back to normally scheduled programs...
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #213 on: April 23, 2013, »
Right now I am 120 nodes Flex Strip 26 feet all white and all ok right now.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #214 on: April 24, 2013, »
Everyone test at short lengths also. Mine is at about 9 inches right now with no issues.

RJ
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, by RJ »
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #215 on: April 24, 2013, »
Of Course I took Pictures LOL

I am ready to build the manual

Rick R.

You are the bomb!     <res.

RJ

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #216 on: April 24, 2013, »
I've got about 30 inches on mine at the start and I've been fine this whole time.  Ill test v7 out tonight after work.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #217 on: April 24, 2013, »
My tests were done with a SSC fully built with pigtails and waterproof female connector, connected to male waterproof connector pigtail to 24" Shack test leads clipped to string.  Not a single issue. 

With respect to max distance from SSC to first node, I will test a few more lengths and see what I get, but I cannot think of any good reason to go so far.  Especially since last year I successfully used several 50' cat 5 cables from hub to SSC with no issues.

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2013, »
All of my initial tests were with about 9" soldered and ready for the outdoors. 26' test is soldered and shrink wrapped. Will test with regular nodes tonight, but left 120 node Flex strip on RGBW cycle all night and were still going strong this morning. Have not tried any fading @ 26' just on off.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2013, »
My tests were done with a SSC fully built with pigtails and waterproof female connector, connected to male waterproof connector pigtail to 24" Shack test leads clipped to string.  Not a single issue. 

With respect to max distance from SSC to first node, I will test a few more lengths and see what I get, but I cannot think of any good reason to go so far.  Especially since last year I successfully used several 50' cat 5 cables from hub to SSC with no issues.

I agree, but I actually used a 100' section of cat 5 on one set of my roof lights because I did not plan properly, but had no issues at all. It was on a regular 104 node string with 8" spacing.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #220 on: April 24, 2013, »
but I cannot think of any good reason to go so far.  Especially since last year I successfully used several 50' cat 5 cables from hub to SSC with no issues.

Mainly because the Zeus systems use the same drive circuit so we want to see how far it can reliably drive the string out to with out going to nul nodes ect. This will let people plan better if we know you can go say 20 ft everytime.

The SSC were designed so that it did not matter as the controller is always close to the lights.

RJ

Offline zwiller

« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2013, »
Point taken.  A possible explanation for Roger's strips working could be due to their short length (13.5') versus 30' or so feet of my nodes?  I'll finish testing the max distance for the Zeus.  But hey, folks doing a 80-100' (40' base) mega tree should not expect to use the Zeus since they should be able to afford the hubs and ssc's.   ;D

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2013, »
Agreed!

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #223 on: April 24, 2013, »
Did anyone take pictures of their build. Is anyone able to work on a manual or if not at least send me images to use to create it. The V4 is different enough I need to get a manual made for it. We will be doing a coop very shortly if nothing turns up in the next few days of testing.

RJ
<pop..   Engines Warming up!!!!
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline deplanche

« Reply #224 on: April 24, 2013, »
I finally found something wrong!  In the Smart String Utility with the grouping, the text for Program reads "Progran".