Author Topic: Facebook wall video's deleted by artists  (Read 909 times)

Offline urthegman

Facebook wall video's deleted by artists
« on: December 17, 2012, »
Hello All, I posted a couple of my videos on the facebook fan pages/walls of the artists whose music I used in my display, Thinking they might be amused to see their music in sync to Christmas lights. I guess I was mistaken because they promptly deleted the videos!!!!! :o Before using the songs I executed due diligence by asking for their permission and I have a copy of the receipts I used to purchase their music. Are they just THAT egotistical or are my videos THAT bad? What gives? I messaged them and have yet to hear back.

Offline jeffcoast

Re: Facebook wall video's deleted by artists
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, »
It may be that they don't want their music available for free on Youtube, even if you paid for it, that doesn't give you the right to post it there.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline urthegman

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, »
What if I used Vimeo? Same deal?

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, »
Funny you posted this. I did the same thing with Faith Hill's little drummer boy. I sent a message and never got a reply..LOL
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline meman

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, »
I've started using a different approach to my videos this year. Taking them from the truck or using a radio close to the camera to capture the video and acceptable sound all at once. The copyright violations and pulled videos are a result of the perfect mp3 being overlayed on the video. Leave it just a tad "dirty" and it becomes your artistic version...no one cares.

It also avoids the major hassles I've been having with video editing software. I can't seem to keep the mp3 version of the song in sync with my video for more than a minute or two. Started happening when I moved form XP to newer versions of Windoze. Tried several different computers/software but always totally out of sync by the time it gets to the end of the song. Must be due to differing compression between video and audio codecs or something of that nature.

Mike E.

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, »
I can't seem to keep the mp3 version of the song in sync with my video for more than a minute or two. Started happening when I moved form XP to newer versions of Windoze. Tried several different computers/software but always totally out of sync by the time it gets to the end of the song. Must be due to differing compression between video and audio codecs or something of that nature.

Mike E.

I had that problem with one of my videos and songs. I set the MP3 bit rate to a custom rate using Audacity... a few hundred kHz higher worked for me.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, »
part of it too is the timing of the video record on the camera vs the timing of playing the mp3 file on the computer.

Windows used to use a streaming clock proxy (not sure if it's still used.) A stumbled upon this when I had a client that would have mp3's play back sounding like the chipmunks were singing the song no matter what program you used to play the file. After replacing the damaged file, then everything started playing normal again.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline urthegman

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, »
I've started using a different approach to my videos this year. Taking them from the truck or using a radio close to the camera to capture the video and acceptable sound all at once. The copyright violations and pulled videos are a result of the perfect mp3 being overlayed on the video. Leave it just a tad "dirty" and it becomes your artistic version...no one cares.

It also avoids the major hassles I've been having with video editing software. I can't seem to keep the mp3 version of the song in sync with my video for more than a minute or two. Started happening when I moved form XP to newer versions of Windoze. Tried several different computers/software but always totally out of sync by the time it gets to the end of the song. Must be due to differing compression between video and audio codecs or something of that nature.

Mike E.
Thanks for the tip! I ran a speaker wire and speaker across the street two years ago the only opportunity I had to tape my show. It was during a blizzard!!! Well wouldn't you know it half way through the last song of a 50 minute show, a neighbor from two blocks away comes through with his snow plow and yep, the speaker wire got yanked out!!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, by urthegman »