Hardware > Lynx MR16 / 16 CH DC Controller

MR16 Wiring

(1/4) > >>

claytor1999:
In one of the first posts on the MR16 board RJ talks about connecting the LEDs using common ground.

"How about one +12 and 3 grounds? since the MR16 board switchs ground it would be better.    But yes it would work fine. I am going to do the same but my cannons will have 3 of each color on them and the same colors will hook together at the canon and feed 4 conductor. The four conductor can run a lot of mr16's on it.

Then back at the controller the first canons red will hook to channel #1 neg terminal, green channel #2 neg terminal, blue channel #3 neg terminal. Then cannon #2 will hook  reds to ch #4 , etc, etc,

but since the pcb has spade terminals I am just going to put them on the end that hooks to the controller and so I want use the plug.

Just thought I would let you in on what I have in mind for it.

RJ"

Is the diagram below correct?

Thanks,
Robb

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

kylec:
Are you trying to control each MR16 individually?

Kyle

claytor1999:
More than anything I'm just trying to understand the best way to hookup multiple lights on any channel. The picture just represents what I think RJ is saying in the text I quoted. It could be any amount (other than one MR16 per channel).

RJ has already answered the question above... I'm just trying to get it through my rather thick skull.

Thanks,
Robb

RJ:
This is correct if you want to control all the red for example as one item. So every red would be what channel 1 is set to.

If you want to make light cannons you would remove two of each color. Then repeat what you would have on the next 3 channels to give you seperate control of each light cannon and each color on it.

RJ

claytor1999:
Thanks RJ - sorry to make you answer the same question twice. Appreciate your patience.

Robb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version