Hardware > Lynx MR16 / 16 CH DC Controller

Hardware DMX

<< < (2/4) > >>

claytor1999:
Hi Rick,

Not sure I'm following you on the pin assignments. On the DMX hardware the pin assignments are:

Pin 1 = Ground
Pin 2 = - Data Signal
Pin 3 = + Data Signal

On the RJ45 side (Lynx MR16) I'm assuming:

Pin 1 = + Data Signal
Pin 2 = - Data Signal

So maybe the problem is my cable is configured wrong?

Checking the output of the channel on the Lynx MR16 gave some interesting results:

With the software setup (Vixen --> Enttec Pro --> MR16) the voltage was stable once I stopped moving the slider (maybe a little jump once but stable)

With the hardware setup (Hardware Board --> MR16) the voltage kept on dancing around once I stopped moving the fader.

Let me know if I have the pinout configuration completely messed up - might be the answer.

Thanks!
Robb

claytor1999:
Hi Dr. Jones,

The hardware runs off of a wall wart - DC 9V - 12V 500mA. Since the software setup (Vixen --> Enttec Pro --> MR16) works fine I assume that my power supply running the MR16 is OK.

Thanks,
Robb

rrowan:
Robb

See the wiki for the pin out of the cable. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (should give you the correct info)

I was talking about the a chip on the MR-16 controller ( 8 pin chip in a socket next to the crystal)

Rick R.

smartcontrols:
Just a long shot for you to try, but I had a similar situation with my lighting board. It worked fine if I did not of my controller terminated but would not work if the terminating resister was on. I know it sounds backwards. Just something that worked for me.

Jeff

RJ:
If the units uses swapped DMX lines this is waht it will do. Try hooking up the lines reverse to the unit.

RJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version