Hardware > Lynx MR16 / 16 CH DC Controller

How do I control the MR 16 Controller with IDMX?

(1/7) > >>

occhristmas:
Ok - I have read all of the posts related to the MR-16 Controller and I still cannot get my MR16 Controller to work with my LOR IDMX.  I have checked all of the solder points, I have rechecked that my pic is programmed, the cat5 cable works perfectly with other DMX equipment, and I have a constant 12VDC power source.  I have hooked up 6 of wirekat's MR16 to ground 1 through 6 with a common positive wire.  When I fire up the power all 6 lights come on - and stay on.  In general, what is supposed to happen when an MR16 controller works and is powered up?  Am I missing something totally obvious?  I was hoping to use the IDMX to power my MR16s with the MR16 controller to free up my other DC boards since the MR16s are channel hogs if you want individual control.  Any help is appreciated, please assume that I am a novice at DIY and electronics.

So, my questions:

1.  Does the MR16 controller even work with the IDMX from LOR?

2.  Do I have to use vixen to give an address to the MR16 controller?

3.  Do I need to modify a cable to work from the IDMX to the MR16 controller?

4.  Is there any way to test the functionality of the board?

Thanks.

KeithTarpley:
Greetings,,,

Have you tried switching the two non-ground pins for the cable from Lor's dmx to the dmx input of the MR16?

Keith

occhristmas:
So, would I change both ends of the wire?  And if this isn't the last in the universe, would I need to then change the wiring from the mr16 to other dmx units?  Specifically, I am building some lynx express units - how would I wire for those?  I will update after performing the suggested wire fix from the idmx.  So, if this works I will have to start labelling my cat 5e wires huh?

rrowan:
hi occhristmas,

This page might help

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rick R.

RJ:
Couple of basic questions to focus on the problem. Did you get the Pic on the MR16 programmed for you by someone or did you buy a programmer and do it yourself?

When you say you are using a cable that works with other DMX devices the wiring on the MR16 is cat5 jack so where did you get the dmx to cat5 cable?

can you post some pics of both sides of the pcb to look at?

These will get us started for you.

Yes the MR16 should work with the IDMX but I have not seen one used with it yet.

RJ   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version