Author Topic: Future Lynx Express Coops?  (Read 3944 times)

Offline LondoB5

Future Lynx Express Coops?
« on: March 20, 2011, »
RJ,

I know there is currently a co-op running for the Lynx Express with 100 boards max.
I don't want to join this one because I want people who were unable to get into the first co-op to at least get a couple boards.
....and I really don't want to ask the wife for more cash for boards, but shhhh don't tell anyone. ;-)

My questions are:

If there is a future co-op, will the boards themselves be available without the kit?

The reason I ask, is that I would like the capability to throw a board or two together in a pinch in early December if I need to, but not buy the full monty if I don't need it.

If not, I'm assuming (but you know what happens there) that considering it is only March that there will be at least 1 -2 more LE co-ops this year.

Anyway, thanks for everything you, your family, and all the other co-op managers have done thus far.

-Ron

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
Re: Future Lynx Express Coops?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If there is a future co-op, will the boards themselves be available without the kit?

You can always order just the PCB from RJ - If he has them in stock.

Harrison

Offline abrianbaker

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, »
Gee that was truly an "express" coop wasn't it!    <yk..    <md..        <;d for the next one
This is my fourth year!!!
Smart String Mega Tree
6000 Pixel Net Channels
256 LE Channels
140,000 Lights
Controlled by Vixen 3.1, Xlights Nutcracker
"You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login"

Offline wadeduck

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, »
Just curious how many hours it was open.  I log in this morning and boom one opened and closed since I looked on Friday.

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, »
Just curious how many hours it was open.  I log in this morning and boom one opened and closed since I looked on Friday.

At the 5 hour mark 40 were left thats the best I can tell you someone may know for sure.

Shaun

Offline inzeos

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, »

At the 5 hour mark 40 were left thats the best I can tell you someone may know for sure.

Shaun

Was not open long for sure.  Look at RJ's original message posting time and the last posting time.

Offline craig d

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, »
I went to the cabin for the weekend and missed it.  Craig

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, »
Is it possible to give a heads up post before a coop is started? A day is probably good.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, »
Folks if we post heads up of when the coop will start how would it change. You would still have the exact same amount of people getting them and it would be closed in 2 minutes.

We did not know we were going to run another one until 10 minutes prior. It was decided while talking with the staff about coop timeing.

We do as many as we can handle but it is hard to meet the demand as volunteer coop people doing it.

In the past when we did post the time of the start of a coop. I had people complaining they we working at that tme and could not get any. Others were mad as they were in a different time zone and were asleep, ect.

RJ
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, by RJ »
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, »
When I am awake I constantly check to see if there are any new post. I would have been first but wanted to make sure RJ got the coop member list up first.

Offline wadeduck

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, »
Although disappointed about not getting in this Coop, I understand the way they have to do them.  I will keep watching and waiting patiently.  Thanks again to RJ and family for all you do for this community.

Offline inzeos

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, »
Best way to stay in touch with when new coops are launched is to do the following;

Click; "Home" at the top menu

Click; "Current Coop's" forum link towards the bottom

Click; "Notify" top right hand green menu

This will prompt you to confirm that you want to be notified by email every time a new thread is started in the "Current Coop's" forum.

Now you can just worry about checking your email on your computer or via your phone.  If you phone is older you might be able to create an automatic forwarder to your mobile phone @ your provider.com address and it will arrive as a text message.

Leif

Offline OneHotRT59

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, »
Folks if we post heads up of when the coop will start how would it change. You would still have the exact same amount of people getting them and it would be closed in 2 minutes.

We did not know we were going to run another one until 10 minutes prior. It was decided while talking with the staff about coop timeing.

We do as many as we can handle but it is hard to meet the demand as volunteer coop people doing it.

In the past when we did post the time of the start of a coop. I had people complaining they we working at that tme and could not get any. Others were mad as they were in a different time zone and were asleep, ect.

RJ

RJ,

A few of us newbies have been watching patiently since the last express coop ended in January, and then this one pops up.
Less than 1 day later it is filled again because of someone coming in and sapping up a 20 count.
Let start to be fair. 
I watch almost every day, I guess I missed a day.
And now I miss another one.
Would I have made it if you limited it to so many per?  Not sure as I am positive from this posting there are a quite few that missed besides me.

Now to my point.
Seems like lately your coop is heavily in favor of those that are buying for mass quantities and large displays.
That is great, because it reaffirms how good and cost effective your designs are for those that otherwise could not afford the $$ on all sorts of LOR or some other commercial hardware.

Should that be the case?  That is up for you and your managers to decide.
But for someone to come in and buy 10% of your offer, that gets to quite unfair to us still in waiting.

Just an idea.
To perpetuate the virtual existence of your coop, you will need new blood each year.
This happening just makes some of the new still hungry and waiting members upset with the process and give it up.
Why not try limiting quantities for your coops, so that more can actually partake?
If someone does miss it, keep some type of waiting list of these members at least through your stated window (Same  Limit on waiting members)?

This would cover multiple issues I currently see.
1)  Members in waiting like me would have a better chance of getting in.
2)  You have a super coop, and a large number of reservations bow out during the payment process.
3)  Makes pre-planning for the next coop that much easier.
4)  To cover those that need the larger quantities over the limit, if they can not be accommodated in the first coop order, then ensure them they can get all they need in the next one.  They would be covered through a pre-planning process.

I know this sounds alittle like big business, but funny thing is it is how we keep our current customers happy and still grow with our new customers that do not want to wait.  We would never survive if we closed the door on our customers multiple times.  You are growing, and need to try and accommodate for it.

Regards,
Randy B

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, »
I know that even Light-O-Rama is having this same problem, as they run a secret sale (inventory reduction, this Wed) and last year it sold out of 500 PC boards in just 5 minutes.

This year, they are putting a limit of $1500 per order to help make limited quantities last a bit longer.  Maybe it'll last 10 minutes, but it'll still be a quick sell-out ... similar to how these COOPs work.  

I guess my point is that the best way to get in on COOPS is to check often and be ready.  There will be others in the future (just look at how many COOPs for the lynx express were held in 2010) ... and you just gotta watch it like a hawk ... and get a little lucky, or have a friend watch and order for you.

Perhaps putting a limit of 4 or 5 kits might help a bit, but they would still go mighty fast.

I can totally see both sides of this issue, but no easy answers.

Another problem I see is that ... if you have are having a hard time (being on the board enough) participating in the COOP, you might also have problems paying for the COOP in a timely manner.    It is equally frustrating for persons who participated in a COOP to wait weeks for the infrequent member to log in and pay ... while holding up the COOP for everyone else.  Again, no easy answers.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline craig d

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, »
I joined in on this site just after the first LE coop this year. I was hoping for the second coop, but I missed it. Oh well maybe I'll have better luck next time. I do appreciate all of the hard work the coop operators put in for all of us with so little payback.

thanks again, Craig