Author Topic: LE COOP thoughts  (Read 3764 times)

Offline DanHouston

Re: LE COOP thoughts
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Have no fear, COOP sniping is here!  For the small price of $19.99 you can be assured to get in the next one.  All you have to do is paypal $19.99 to zwillerenterprises.com and let us know how many kits you want*.

*some restrictions apply, see store for details, offer void where prohibited, not affilated with diyla.com, without the "express" written consent of major league baseball, as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall world without end, Amen.

Sorry, it's been a long week...
Good one! :)
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, »
I stand by my suggestion that we be alerted 24 hours before the coop opens and that orders placed in the first "N" hours by those that have not purchased in the previous "N" coops be given priority. The value of "N" would have to be decided.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow talk about adding work load to the poor coop manager!

Think fo the effort to look at each and look up there history to see if what and when they bought and then figure if they can be in the coop.
sorry but I am looking for ways to lighten their workload not add to it.

As I said 100 people could likely come up with 100 ways to do it but unless I find a easier way for the coop manager it will remain the same. I will let it be harder for the coop member if it is easier on the manager, he's the guy doing the free work and is not getting a benifit. The coop member gets cheaper kits.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

sjb

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, »
Really was not looking for the negativity and did not remember seeing that coops would not change.
Dan if it was my post that was thought of being negative, by no means did I mean it. I was very fortunate to get in on the first COOP and with it being my first year I have started with these controllers and that will be it for this year as I want to start small and learn. I believe this forum and it's members are awesome. I also understand the frustration RJ and the COOP managers must get with people griping as soon as a COOP is run.

To all of you there is only RESPECT for what you do .

Thank you and I will keep posting and looking often as it is the only way I will become smarter when it come to this hobby.

Steve

Offline rm357

LE COOP thoughts
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, »
My suggestion...

Stick around for a year helping others, then get set up to run a coop for what you want. As the coop manager, I don't think anyone will complain if you want to reserve the first 20 units for yourself from a 100 unit coop...

We have grown tremendously over the last two years and are feeling the growing pains. It's easy to complain, but to come up with a working solution that doesn't cause even more work for the coop managers is difficult...

RM

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, »
AMEN to RJ.

I say don't change a thing.  I love the lottery affect it gives me to get in to a coop.  If I don't, oh well.  I wait for someone to put something up for sale.  Yes I pay more, but yes I have what I need to get my show up and going.  Thank you to all the members that have sold items to me....that I need and want.

Thank you RJ for putting this whole site together.

If you can't put up with the rules.....maybe another site is for you.

God bless DLA.....
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, »
Have no fear, COOP sniping is here!  For the small price of $19.99 you can be assured to get in the next one.  All you have to do is paypal $19.99 to zwillerenterprises.com and let us know how many kits you want*.

*some restrictions apply, see store for details, offer void where prohibited, not affilated with diyla.com, without the "express" written consent of major league baseball, as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall world without end, Amen.

Sorry, it's been a long week...

I apologize in advance, but I must know.  Are these shipped by volume or weight?  And what about settling?

:) joe
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, »
i keep swinging the stick, but this thread wont die!    lol
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, »
My suggestion...

Stick around for a year helping others, then get set up to run a coop for what you want. As the coop manager, I don't think anyone will complain if you want to reserve the first 20 units for yourself from a 100 unit coop...

RM

LOL, you are kidding .... right.  He would need to clear his incoming mail every ten minutes if he did that. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, »
i keep swinging the stick, but this thread wont die!    lol

It's like a Timex "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking."  >:D

Offline Timon

LE COOP thoughts
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, »
FWIW, Even if you don't change the basic procedure, I'm fine with that, I think having a 24hr heads up post would be nice. Something like "Tomorrow between 6 and 9 p.m. EST a xxx coop will be opened up". That way you don't have to keep checking you mail every five minutes wondering if a coop is coming. You'll at least have a known time frame to watch.

As usual, IMHO

John

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, »
FWIW, Even if you don't change the basic procedure, I'm fine with that, I think having a 24hr heads up post would be nice. Something like "Tomorrow between 6 and 9 p.m. EST a xxx coop will be opened up". That way you don't have to keep checking you mail every five minutes wondering if a coop is coming. You'll at least have a known time frame to watch.

As usual, IMHO

John

which by then the site would crash from all 3000 people signning on at the same time to get in on the coop. and the coop would sell out in 15 seconds, to about 20ish people, leaveing everyone else upset, b/c they "rescheduled other appointments" so they could get in on a coop.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, »
Ok I think this 40th edition of the never ending how coops could be so much better thread has run it course at this point. Tune in immediately after the next coop for the next exciting episode brought to you by the next person that missed a coop.

Sorry for making light of it but it does need to end or it will go on and on and on for a week.

RJ 
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying