Hardware > Lynx Zeus

Resolved - What am I doing wrong?

<< < (2/5) > >>

chrisatpsu:
Ok, for the pickit3, don't use mplab, but the standalone programmer.

lrhorer:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginIs this a zeus v1 or v2 (v2 has 16 universe jumpers).  Shouldn't matter.
--- End quote ---
V1.1

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI would put the Zeus last, some of mine seemed to work best that way.  PLus having the active hub upstream allows you to use it as a pixelnet splitter, which is handy and gives other connectivity options.
--- End quote ---
Standard troubleshooting procedure:  remove any unnecessary elements from the system to prevent their causing additional issues within the system.  I plug in the Zeus when I am testing the Zeus.  I unplug the Zeus and plug in the hub when I am testing the SSC.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Logingo from PC --> network sitch --> Etherdongle -> Active Hub ---(PNout)---> Zeus  ch#1--> 96 node string
--- End quote ---
When testing the Zeus:
PC --> network sitch --> Etherdongle -> Zeus  ch#1--> 96 node string

When testing the Hub / SSC:
PC --> network sitch --> Etherdongle -> Active Hub --> SSC --> 12 node string

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginMakes sure the Zeus is terminated
--- End quote ---
It is.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginMake sure all PIC chips are flashes with firmware.
--- End quote ---
See above.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginMakes sure all zeus channels are programmed that you want to use.
--- End quote ---
How?  I have tried multiple starting addresses using the SSC configuration utility V2.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginMake sure the smart string utility you use to program them is the right version, this is here is gets confusing.  Go to the wiki -> smart strings for the links.
--- End quote ---
I've done that, and I am not 100% confidant I have done so.  I remember reading about locking up some of the PICs.  What can I do if that is what I did?

I know I tried V1.0 off the SSC programmer on the SSC.  That selection is grayed out on V2.0.  I know I tried V2.0 on the Zeus, but I may have inadvertently run 1.0 on the Zeus.  Again, what if I did?  I remember reading some of the wrong versions can make the PIC appear to be locked.  If so, how do I un-lock it?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThe ss utility for the zeus and ssc are not the same!
--- End quote ---
So I gather.  I might have used the SSC utility on the Zeus.  See above.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginEven betweem ssc v3 and ssc v4 ... also not the same.
--- End quote ---
I also rather gathered that, but what about a modded V1?  What should it use?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginSo make sure you program the zues with the ss zeus utility (under zeus in the wiki).
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I've tried that.  As I say, I may have accidentally programmed it with the SSC 1.0 utility.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginand make sure you program the ssc v3 mod with the ssc v3 utility (Not the zeus version).
--- End quote ---
The file name of the version I downloaded is "SSC Utility Setup 7-10-2011.zip", and it has two files with mod dates of 7-10-11 in it.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou might want to download lights and use its tester ... might at least eliminate any potential vixen problems for now.
--- End quote ---
I may try that.  Thanks.

lrhorer:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginOk, for the pickit3, don't use mplab, but the standalone programmer.
--- End quote ---
Is that something distinct from the SSC programming utilities?

chrisatpsu:
I donot see the connectors for the pickit on the zeus. I would place the chips on my ziff adapter and using the standalone programmer, you can flash the latest firmware to the chip.

As for the etherdongle, it does have the connector to flash it. Just make sure all the regular cables are unplugged first.

As far as testing everything, I would set it up using the simplest setup possible. Less items, less things to go wrong.

chrisatpsu:
Ok, easier to type on the computer, than the cell phone. 

for the programmer...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

choose the
Pickit3 Stand Alone Programmer Appver 1.0

What model SSC do you have?
(it will say on the pcb)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version