Author Topic: Cheap outdoor DMX LED lights... But are they bright enough?  (Read 1751 times)

Offline crazybob

Has anyone used or seen these lights before? They are DMX ready and already waterproof. How would these compare to the Aether for brightness? They are 1 watt LED's but there are two per color.

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Has anyone used or seen these lights before? They are DMX ready and already waterproof. How would these compare to the Aether for brightness? They are 1 watt LED's but there are two per color.

Need more info.  Perhaps a link to where you found them.

Thanks

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
a link, or a picture. we don't know what you're talking about yet
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline crazybob

Uuggh... I knew that <fp.

Offline chrisatpsu

it says on the website that it is a spotlight. So i would assume, it has a more focused beam, rather than being a floodlight, which speads light over a wider area. other than that, i dont know much about it.

Offline crazybob

Ive successfully used led spotlights in the past as a wash light by affixing a plastic diffuser on the front, like the type that goes over a fluorescent light in the celing.

Offline JerryPlak

Power cord and linking cables sold separately   :o
Jerry Plak

Offline cubbieco

For $77 I'd stick with something like this: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login A few people have the rainbow spotlight so I'd be interested to hear their report on how bright they are.  I've ordered a spot light and flood light for testing but they haven't come yet.  You'd need a MRC16 or a "rainbow Brain" to control them since they are not DMX but they are only like $12.00 for the light kit.

Would be curious to know who has experience as to how bright both of these are.

Offline dmoore

ordered a spot light and flood light for testing but they haven't come yet.  You'd need a MRC16 or a "rainbow Brain" to control them since they are not DMX but they are only like $12.00 for the light kit.

Or..... you can use the rainbow flood with a $8 DMX Controller:

Offline SteveMaris

ordered a spot light and flood light for testing but they haven't come yet.  You'd need a MRC16 or a "rainbow Brain" to control them since they are not DMX but they are only like $12.00 for the light kit.

Or..... you can use the rainbow flood with a $8 DMX Controller:

That is a "cheap" option. I am missing the "cheap" in the original post.

Offline cubbieco

Back to the question on hand - Anyone know how bright this is?  We've got two options here - the rainbow and the stageape lights and still want to know how bright they are.

For what it is worth my rainbow lights have shipped so maybe I can see this weekend.  Won't have a controller but I can hook up 12 volts to a channel and see.

Offline chrisatpsu

i have the rainbow spotlights version 1. and it seems about as bright as mag light flashlight. i will be using mine with the mr16.

Offline crazybob

I'm mainly looking into the stage ape lights because they are small, compact, waterproof, and already DMX ready. There may be cheaper alternatives out there, but none as professional looking and plug-and-play.