Author Topic: lights / nodes along the edge of the roof.  (Read 2534 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: lights / nodes along the edge of the roof.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, »
Ray can do custom spacings and from what I've seen it is very reasonable. 

From what I remember testing in white, a single node is much brighter than a single mini but slightly less bright as a c7 and not even comparable to a c9.  I think the 3 led modules go head to head with c9's.  I think ss on 6" centers would be very close to c7's on 12" centers side by side and ss on 3" would be comparable to c9's on 12".  Note: this is all non-scientific "have a beer and look at some in the basement" testing.  Originally, I didn't think this rgb stuff would even compete with the larger incans.  It does.   

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, »
I'm spacing my own nodes, in case anyone hasn't figured i like to get a feel for what others have done, so i have a general idea on a direction.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Go to smart strings in forum, and under this post: Can I hang Smart String nodes along gutter?   There are pics of what it looks like with 3" spacing

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Leesburg, FL

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, »
I feel that the standard spacing as delivered is just fine.  but there may be differences depending on how far away your viewers are from the house.  You can see pictures of my RGB nodes on my house in the thread referenced above.  They are very bright and to me it would not be worth the effort or cost to space them differently.  I have too many other things to do and work on than a unique spacing of lights.  The most important point from a viewers perspective is whether or not they enjoy what they are seeing and IMHO they really do not care or know how far apart the lights are.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tbone321

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, »
I agree with this 100%
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving