Author Topic: dongle is dongleing  (Read 971 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
dongle is dongleing
« on: June 04, 2011, »
I just got around to finishing my dongle ( after a major disaster with my vixen program) and plugged it up with 3200 lights on one le and its now christmas in my office..All I need is some milk and cookies and Ima play santa..Ho Ho Ho... ;D ..After reading all the bad luck some of the others were having, I thought I was gonna be the next casualty asking for help..  After losing my vixen programs earlier today I was ready to giv-er a chuck out the window.. But now its all good..Thanks for all the valuable info everyone has posted... ;D
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: dongle is dongleing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, »
Congrats,

I know you are happy to have blinky! First Blinky is always awesome!!!!   ;D

Sorry about your Vixen problems  :(

But I think you are under the same false belief others sometimes have. We sold way over 1500 Dongle pcbs this year alone. I average between 15 - 20 of the pcb a week being sent out (just counted 22 going out so far this week).

How many people actually have problems building a dongle?  A few, and we always find out what is wrong and help them get it going.

Of those that do have an issue I can tell you we find 98% of the time it is one of these reasons:

Pic chip is not programmed or incorrectly programmed.
Software not setup correctly or issue with software.
Missed or poor solder joint.
a least one Chip in backwards.
It is working they just didn't think it was for some reason.
incorrect subsitute part used.

That normally takes care of them if you find these issues .

Outside of the 98% issues we had a few users DLP modules that were bad a while ago but after talking with the owner of DLP I believe they might of had a bad batch of pcbs. These were swapped out by DLP and fixed their problem.

The percentage of builders that it does not work for right out of the gate in reality is pretty low. 

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, »
My only issue was that I forgot to set the output to 512 and after I set it and ran a sample, it went fine..thanks rj for all you guys do to make this happen.

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, »
I just want to add to this. I have put together a total of 7 LE's, 1 Dongle, 2 TXRX's, and 3 EX's I only had 1 issue and that was my fault. I was trying to build my TX/RX using just my Eye Glasses and crossed 2 connections when soldering the wireless unit on the the PCB. Guess my eyes are getting old but this blinky blinky is keeping me young at heart. Guess I need to use my maginigy light from now on.

I also want to thank

RJ, His Dad, all the DLA Staff and Coop Managers. You guys rock. I am very greatfull that you are here helping use put smiles on so many faces.

Scott
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, »
Now, I'm wire-less too. Its a good feeling to have all this stuff done. Well accomplished. I know I've got a long way to go but its still fun learning what and how's of this whole thing..

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, »
I spent an hour today cutting the holes in the case for my dongle today. I used a dremel with a cutting wheel to try and get the squares cut nice and neat, but I must not have lined the pattern up just right and needed to shave a little more, plus try and clean up the corners. I ended up using a hacksaw blade to file it down. If I do another I will need to look for a file to make it a little easier.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL