Author Topic: LSP UserPatterns Import Problems  (Read 911 times)

Offline johno123

LSP UserPatterns Import Problems
« on: September 25, 2013, »
Hi Folks,

Has anyone successfully imported RGB items into LSP successfully with all the colors migrating over properly?

Basically in my case, I've been able to successfully export a number of userpatterns.xml files and import into LSP as user patterns.  After this import, I've been double clicking on the pattern to copy to clipboard, and then attempted to paste into my sequence.

Here's the tricky part.  Say I've got a simple 10x10 RGB grid as a test.  That's 100 nodes that translates to 300 channels.  In both LSP and Xlights, I set up the models to be 10 strings of 10 nodes going from bottom left right straight up.  I created a very simple Nutcracker patterns of white, red, and green bars that travel up the strings.

When I copy the patterns into my sequence, it appears that colors seem to be all mixed up but the rough direction of the bars is correct (heading up).  But it appears that the channels in LSP seem to be broken out into R,G and B channels instead of RGB nodes.  This causes a 'rainbow' effect for the colors and patterns that looks quite off. 

If needed, I can try to grab some screenshots or video to show how this looks, but first I was curious if anyone else had issues importing these XML files into LSP.  This feels to me like it is simply an issue to getting the models defined correctly in XLights that translate nicely to LSP's channel definitions....

-John

Offline galex2

Re: LSP UserPatterns Import Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, »
I've tried the same thing taking patterns xml files from xlights/nutcracker and importing them into LSP 2.5 and seem to get the same random color patterns you are seeing.  I've asked for help on other forums and gotten what seems to be a consensus is that folks are sequencing what they need in LSP converting to Xlight/Nutcracker to finish the sequence there with plans to use the scheduler in Xlights to run their shows.  It's basically the direction I'm going this year. 

Gene

Offline johno123

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, »
That's unfortunate.  I was able to export the patterns properly to Vixen 2, so I guess I'll try the NC->Vixen->LSP path and see if that works.

-John

Offline galex2

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, »
Exactly what I think as well.  I heard a rumor that the LSP people are working on creating a visual programming add on that would allow sequencing of large pixel display elements like mega trees, etc which I believe LOR 3 already has.  The bad news is it won't happen this year.  On the other hand the Xlight/nutcracker team is working on a direct conversion from xlights to LSP but that probably won't happen to soon either so this year my friend we seem to be stuck with work arounds.   This being my 5th year sequencing I'm finding that nothing is the ultimate answer and nothing works exactly ideal so that seems to be what we do.  I feel fortunate though that there are folks out there a lot smarter than me that create these ideas like Xlights, Nutcracker and Light elf and share them for free so that we can get at least closer to that ideal state that we all wish was just out there.   8)