Author Topic: fireworks  (Read 1931 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
fireworks
« on: June 22, 2010, »
lookin for some ideas for building fireworks display I am going to use the bill dance fish attractor and 1/2" pvc not sure what lights to use , thought about fairy lights anyone have any ideas.

Jeff
Jeff

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: fireworks
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, »
Hi Jeff,

I would put strobes on it (flash explosion effect) and then your preference for the lights - string leds, c9s, minis etc

Cheers

Ric R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline basis21b

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, »
I made mine with four different length spokes of 6, 12, 18 and 24 inches.  I wrapped each of the different length spokes with strings of blue and white M5 LEDS.  The ends of the spokes have a single C7 on them.  The C7 light strings were constructed by using twisted wire and twist on C7 sockets.  I would simulate a flash by firing the spokes in order by length and then flash the C7.  Sometimes the flash would be blue and other times it would be white.
Tom B

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, »
I made mine with four different length spokes of 6, 12, 18 and 24 inches.  I wrapped each of the different length spokes with strings of blue and white M5 LEDS.  The ends of the spokes have a single C7 on them.  The C7 light strings were constructed by using twisted wire and twist on C7 sockets.  I would simulate a flash by firing the spokes in order by length and then flash the C7.  Sometimes the flash would be blue and other times it would be white.

Great idea! Simple and to the point explanation.

Thanks for sharing!!

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline Kwajtony

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, »

<pop..
Any Photos/videos?
R,
Tony "C"

Offline basis21b

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, »
A couple of pics.

and video: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, by basis21b »
Tom B

Offline magic8192

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, »
A couple of pics.

and video: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Very Nice, practical and if the effect is as good in person as it looks in the video, then Wow!

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, »

Great Idea how many channels are you useing thanks for shareing

Jeff
Jeff

Offline basis21b

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, »

Great Idea how many channels are you useing thanks for shareing

Jeff

They are channel eaters.  I used 16 channels.  There are seven on the pole and nine on the "head".  One channel for all of the C7's and one each for the white and blue on each spoke.  (4 spokes  of blue + 4 spokes of white = 8 channels)
Tom B

Offline basis21b

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, »
I failed to mention this earlier.

I chose to use LEDs mainly for the response time.  The flashes are .05 sec.
Tom B

Offline fasteddy

• WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, »
The RGB pixel strings could work well for this application, that way you can change the colour and the pattern of your fireworks display as you will have direct control of each pixel

Take a look here for further info on the pixel strings

Never argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience