Author Topic: Loading Firmware  (Read 795 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Loading Firmware
« on: November 21, 2012, »
Is there a common place to look when the Pick3 Debugger says that there is no device?

I am programming several of my SSC V3 and I have 3 controllers that the software is not seeing the pic. On one I went over all of my solder joints and replaced the pic with another and still nothing. I was just wondering what to check first.

Note: Have done 20 and 3 come up with that error.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Loading Firmware
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, »
the 6pin header, where the two resistors are side by side (the one closest to the pic) both regulators, and the socket for the pic would be where it'd start.

(i picked those spots by following the traces from the 6pin header to the pic.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline injury

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, »
I'd try swapping the chips into one that programmed sucessfully and see if it still says that. I did 9 SSCs the first time through and had 3 bad pics, Mouser sent me replacements with no issue.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd try swapping the chips into one that programmed sucessfully and see if it still says that. I did 9 SSCs the first time through and had 3 bad pics, Mouser sent me replacements with no issue.

Tried that with no go. Thanks

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, »
Are ther voltages that I can check somewhere? I have taken an ohm meter and followed the traces from the six pin header to the pic and all have good continuity. Probably fast to build more than to spend a lot of time figuring these out. Was just hoping for a quick solution.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, by rdebolt »