Author Topic: What am I missing?  (Read 792 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
What am I missing?
« on: October 11, 2011, »
I can not get the nodes to light.  At first I had a string of 20 and I could control them in Vixen.  I then took all controllers and flashed with the test firmware for burn in testing.  That worked fine.  I then reflashed with pickit 3 to the Smart_StringController2-7-10-011.hex.  I can then verify that it is at E363 checksum.  Then I open the SS utility and choose start channel 100 (tried 1, 500, 523 etc), pixelnet dongle, 20 nodes, hybird, square nodes etc (watched RJ's video 3 times) and press program with the jumper on.  All the nodes blink fast like in the video.  I then click stop, pull the cat5 plug, lights go out, move jumper off.  I open up vixen.  I have the com port set correct.  I have a test sequence with ALL channels on.  I then play the sequence but no lights light.  I have an express connected to the dmx out.  It works.  All lights come on.  If I play a real sequence the lights on the express light and dance correctly.  The channels are set to 1-4096 in the pixelnet plugin.

I can re flash the ss controller with test firmware and then work.  Yes I have the pixelnet plugin loaded in Vixen.  I have a blinking green light on the pixel dongle and a red power light.  All is working but I can not get lights to work in pixelnet mode in vixen??

What did I over look?

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: What am I missing?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, »
Do you have the latest version of SS Utility?

I think when RJ added the user requested Blank node function it made the earlier version of SS utility unusable with the latest firmware. (just my guess)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, »
are you sure that you set the node count and direction correctly.  I would also consider taking them out of hybrid mode during the testing phase.  I'm not sure what hybrid mode would do when all channels are being turned on and off and if all the channels are turning on and off that just adds an unneeded variable to the mix.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, »
Do you have the latest version of SS Utility?

I think when RJ added the user requested Blank node function it made the earlier version of SS utility unusable with the latest firmware. (just my guess)

Rick R.

Nothing like wasting 2 evenings trying to figure out what is wrong.  Thank you Rick!!!!  Makes me want to bang my head against the wall.  That was it!  Now I know what I was missing LOL!  Downloaded the "NEW" version of the SS Utility and now everything works like a champ!

Thanks again.

Ron
My 2010 Videos