Author Topic: Static Display  (Read 793 times)

Offline TheBanker

Static Display
« on: January 02, 2012, »
I just thought I would bring this up.  I am primarly static however with the new smart strings I do random transitions but I have never used music.  Well what I have done a few times with my Christmas display, which is now reduce to my LSU Tigers display, is set up a short sequence in LSP with the colors I want (purple and gold now) then just unplug my computer and the lights stay on.....static.  If I want to change it I just go out to the garage, plug in, run LSP and change it.

Everyone thinks that these lights need to be flashy blinky with music.  They do not.  Every single element can be smart strings...the deer, the gifts, the star, the tree, the bush, the house, the outline, the santa........everything.  I have started cutting some strings to like 5 nodes for a small bush, probably put C9 caps on the strings on the roofline and will probably add spacing between every node.  (what is that max spacing again?)  Make some coro gifts with 3-4 nodes inside each,  rewire some deer with nodes while they stand pond side of blue running water.

There is so much you can do with these things.....fine get your mega trees done but start getting more creative.  Lets see some good stuff!  What are your ideas?

I am also thinking of the holdman star with nodes.
Snowflakes mostly static, a little glimmering but then....bam change color
Maybe some tree ornaments with a node inside.
Can you imagine 100 or more elements in your display all changing color at the same time?
Will

Offline jeffcoast

Re: Static Display
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, »
Due to issues with the scheduler and running out of time, I ended up doing the same thing. I made some short sequences of solid colors and ran it. But I didn't need to unplug the computer, just unplugging the Cat5 out of the combiner I was using left the lights in the state they were in at the time. I would start the sequence, unplug the cable, then let LSP continue to the end. At the end of the night to turn them off, just plug in the cat5 cable and they turn off, since LSP never stopped sending the all off sequence. Every night I would just vary whatever color sequence I was using.

Next year I hope to either get LSPs scheduler to work or figure out Xlights.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline TheBanker

Static Display
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, »
Yes I did learn a lot with LSP and the smart strings but I do like some of the transitions I came up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will