Author Topic: Dumb string snowflake  (Read 802 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Dumb string snowflake
« on: October 14, 2012, »
I have been thinking of ways that I can change up my regular rope light snowflakes (for next year) and make them RGB.  I know single nodes will work but I'm curious if you think strips could be used and cut/spliced to make them work?

Offline tallan

• Christmas with the Allans
Re: Dumb string snowflake
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, »
Hello Jeff,

Well I did a Bethlehem Star pretty much like your avatar. I used last years smart string flex strip and cut them every 15 nodes so I wouldn't have to much trouble. It came out great!!! I'm not sure if this years flex strip can be cut at less then 15 nodes or not but the spacing was perfect for a 5 and 1/2 foot star. The bottom part took 30 nodes and I have an eight segment (put X and + together) in the middle.

I did a little teaser that I noticed through my magnifying glass for the folks that keep an eye out on my site. I did'nt want to give it away but you can tell it's a star.

Here is a short youtube of it  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So I would say YES, and it would be a great snowflake, even if it is just RGB!  ;D 

Ted

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: Dumb string snowflake
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, »
If you get a chance to take a couple pictures of the connections that would be great.  I don't need all the control of smart strings.  Plain RGB would be many leaps forward from where they are now.