Author Topic: Attic search yields cache of multi's, what to do...  (Read 3203 times)

Offline shaunkad

Re: Attic search yields cache of multi's, what to do...
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2011, »
I had made some minnie trees  and the family like the static multi best vs the solid colored ones

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How many people would spend that kind of time to build such a specialized tool?

Hmmm, I'd guess 1 ?   <yk..

I dont know how long that took to make but there might be a small market for that  <res.

Offline Greg

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2011, »
Note to self,

Don't leave poor defenseless utensils with Greg

:)

Rick R.

LOL

I dont know how long that took to make but there might be a small market for that  <res.

Too small I'm sure.  I think I spent maybe 1 1/2 hours making it and some of that was rumaging through the scrap in the shop to find materials and "fine tuning" (such that it is).

At some point one has to consider the convenience of just springing for the proper mono-color strings in the first place...  ;D

I had made some minnie trees  and the family like the static multi best vs the solid colored ones

Thanks, I'll string a couple up and see how it might work in the scheme of things here.

Greg
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, »
I'm relatively new to this, but instead of animating with different colors, I would use the multis on different objects in the display and animate with those objects.  For instance, I'm using multis in my tomato cage Christmas trees and they really pop.  Using them to mark pathways is festive.  You could make different geometric shapes and put cora on top of them to diffuse the light.  (Think hop scotch or "lilly pads" - except in the shape you want - vertical applications would include polka dots, etc.)  Arches are always cool, no matter what type of lights you use.  Uh... that's about all I can think of on a Monday morning - I still need my coffee!

Hope this helps!
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Greg

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2011, »
I'm relatively new to this, but instead of animating with different colors, I would use the multis on different objects in the display and animate with those objects.  For instance, I'm using multis in my tomato cage Christmas trees and they really pop.  Using them to mark pathways is festive.  You could make different geometric shapes and put cora on top of them to diffuse the light.  (Think hop scotch or "lilly pads" - except in the shape you want - vertical applications would include polka dots, etc.)  Arches are always cool, no matter what type of lights you use.  Uh... that's about all I can think of on a Monday morning - I still need my coffee!

Hope this helps!

Some interesting thoughts.  If I had a pathway to light that would be a good use, but even the FedEx and UPS guys won't enter my yard once the lights start going up (which is fine with me because it can be difficult to pick a safe route through).  Already have arches, but maybe a few more wouldn't be a bad thing.  coro-pads... interesting idea.  I don't have enough coro on hand to do much with but I have some sheets of translucent white lexan so I will think on that one a bit.

Still, one can never have too many mini trees.

Thanks for the ideas!

Greg
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....