Author Topic: cart of some type  (Read 4620 times)

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
Re: cart of some type
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, »
I also like the ideas of the packs.  As a member who has been a part of quite a few coops, I could see this work in conjunction with the coop.  You have kits pre-made at your leisure that members could buy at a set cost.  Co-Op Managers would still do "kits" for new stuff or old stuff when the need is there (representing a cost savings), but for those of us just needing some extra PCBs, it would allow us the flexibility to get them when needed.  If we have to buy 3 boards just because we wanted one, we could always post the other two up for sale and handle it independent of the time it would take you to satisfy two members.  I've went in with another member to get CG-1500 enclosures and it worked out great for both of us.

I would definitely switch over to flat rate shipping on everything.  It would make it so much easier on you.  We are all appreciative of your efforts in making DLA a success and DIY fun.  We want you to enjoy it, and not be stressed.

Offline devoidelk

• North western Indiana, 47960
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've went in with another member to get CG-1500 enclosures and it worked out great for both of us.

I would definitely switch over to flat rate shipping on everything.  It would make it so much easier on you.  We are all appreciative of your efforts in making DLA a success and DIY fun.  We want you to enjoy it, and not be stressed.

Like a mini-coop between members without the large scale of needing a manager?

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, »
What i haven't seen explained...

How are the spare pcbs funded so that RJ can have a huge boatload of them available in his hands (or in the hands of his distributors)?  Ultimately they get purchased, but are available quantities limited by how many extras can be funded when a coop runs?

...looking for a way to avoid running outta stock. :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, »
I will be working on it. I think this is valid idea we can make work. If the forum goes into maintenance for a few hours at some point soon it will be because I am working to put this into reality.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, »
Store is open, we will see how it goes.  I would like to try and get the coops to run on it also as I think it could be easier for our coop managers.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying