Hardware > Other Projects

PixelNet to DMX

<< < (6/6)

einstein2883:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginAny updates? I need to output dmx from my Zeus and don't really want to spend $60 for that. I'm sure this option will save me some money.

--- End quote ---
I am looking to get a co-op going sometime soon.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI think that you are going to find that this DMX converter is not going to play well with the Zeus, at least not without serious modification.  This DMX converter is designed to be connected to a controller output of a smart string hub and gets both its power and signal that way.  The Zeus is a series of SSC's already on the board.  There is no Pixelnet output on any of the string outputs of the the Zeus and no power on the PixelNet output so it cannot be directly connected to any of the ports on the Zeus and function that way.

--- End quote ---
I wouldn’t say that any modification to my board would be needed at all.  You will most likely need to make a Cat5 cable to pull the right par of wires from the other PixelNet port on the ZEUS.  Then you will need to get 7-12v to the board which can be pulled from any of the pixel outputs.  I hope that makes sense.

CaptainMurdoch:
Did this project fall by the wayside and get abandoned?

I still have my beta unit and use it on my desk with a 4-port passive hub so I can have Pixelnet and DMX available with only one dongle and without the expense of an Active Hub sitting on my desk.  I think others could benefit from having them in their yard.  If the idea was abandoned, is there the possibility of releasing the code and PCB files so that users could get these if they wanted to?  I could also see this board as an option for Aether II users to run them off an Active or Passive Hub if they wanted since there is no Pixelnet firmware for the Aether II.

einstein2883:
 <fp. sorry I didn't mean for this project to slip.  The project got put on hold because I was getting ready for the birth of my first kid last year.  He was born on 10/26.  After I put away my lights (kids take sooo much time) I will see where I left off. 

I hope co-ops pick up this year, they didn't do very good last year.

I agree this board adds a lot of flexibility to displays/testing.  It allowed me to run a 2nd DMX output off my active-hub to go in the opposite direction as the first.

CaptainMurdoch:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login <fp. sorry I didn't mean for this project to slip.  The project got put on hold because I was getting ready for the birth of my first kid last year.  He was born on 10/26.  After I put away my lights (kids take sooo much time) I will see where I left off. 

--- End quote ---

Congrats.  You are excused.  :). Get some sleep whenever you can and forget the board for a little while longer.

loveroflife96:
I used mine last year as well in an area where it was easy for me to branch off an active hub and do an SSRw/DMX vs. a 50-75 foot run of Cat5 from my Express.  I'd definitely be up for getting some more because it did add so much ease of set up! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version