Author Topic: Smart String shows shipped - but has not!!!  (Read 4500 times)

Offline Pete

Has anyone experienced this?

I received an email with DHL tracking number last Thursday and it has not showed as a valid shipment number.  I contacted Mr. Ray Wu just now and he tells me the order has not shipped - it is still in production and promises me to send it in 5 days.  I had already extended the order out 5 days per his request.  I am just a bit concerned and upset it is coming up on a month and no lights!!

Has anyone else had this experience?        <md..

Pete

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Smart String shows shipped - but has not!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, »
some have received, and some are waiting. I think it just depends on which item you ordered.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Pete

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, »
Yes - true . . . but to receive an email and tracking number and then days later find that my order really did not ship just seems a bit odd.   When I contacted Ray he said that the order is still waiting to be manufactured and he will ship soon, maybe 5 days more...sorry!!!  It is a rather large order so maybe that could be the reason.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this same experience?

Pete :(

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, »
Greetings,,,

I've just received my order yesterday, so some are coming in, with the notice not changing until yesterday also.  But everything did arrive that was ordered just over 2 weeks ago.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, »
I was reading in one of the forums he does this so the order doesn't get canceled by exceding the time limit. I am not minding the delay as much, as I am afraid the leds will get here before the hubs, controllers, dongle software, and test programs are ready so I wont have a way to test the strings for bad nodes and the warranty may expire. Yes, you guessed it, I am paranoid.

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, »
My order shows shipped but has a bogus tracking number. I am not really concerned yet because there is still plenty of time to file a dispute. The controllers and hubs may not be here for 3 months or more, so my smart strings are going to be uncontrollable. They will have to sit in the shed for a while.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, »
Here is the message I received from Ray Wu:

Your message was successfully sent to Ray wu. Jeff ****** : Ray wu,

I have extended an additional 5 days to the already 7 days extended before.  Please provide me expected date these will ship. Its very difficult for me to have this much money in limbo with no product to back it up or a firm ship date to justify it.

Jeff *****

Ray wu: Dear Jeff,

very sorry for the delay. we made two many 128 node and 75 node, and forgot to produce the 50 node, very sorry, could you help me to extend more days.

thanks and best regards
Ray

>>> Jeff ***** Mon Mar 21 09:16:24 PDT 2011 >>>
Ray,

Two weeks I was told these would ship the following week. I have not seen anything ship and this is start of the 3rd week. We are at 2 days until cancellation of the order and I have already extended once. Please tell me when they are going to ship?

One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, »
I am having the same problems. Actually I have several. I placed and paid for my order or 2/28/11. On 3/6/11 I got a message from Ray Wu asking for a 5 day extension due to manufacturing and I granted it. On 3/9/11 I got a message from Aliexpress giving me a DHL tracking number and saying that my complete order had been shipped. This was to be a 10 day shipping. On 3/21/11 I tried to track the shipment through DHL. They had no record of the tracking number. I called DHL and they checked my name and address in their database. NOTHING! I have been trying to contact Ray Wu AND Alibaba AND Aliexpress. I can log into Alibaba with no problem but cannot log into Aliexpress. I have actually been trying for over a week. I have sent their customer service several messages. I get a reply back asking for more information and then I heard nothing. I have tried to send Ray Wu a message. I never got a response. I really do not think this is the way to do business. I will be interested in seeing what others have to say here. Also, can someone tell me a sure way to contact Ray Wu so that I can get information on my order?  :'(
Jim Wright

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, »
Hi Jim,

I just log into the Alibaba account and at the bottom there is a text box to send Ray Wu a message. He replied back quickly.

I ordered the 50ct pixel strings and was also told they forgot to make them. I am not overly concern about it, I am sure I will get my lights. The Chinese are a bit different to deal with then what we are use to. So stay relax and it will all work out in the end.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, »
Rick R says: I just log into the Alibaba account and at the bottom there is a text box to send Ray Wu a message. He replied back quickly.

I guess I am just blind. I don't see the box you are talking about on the main Alibaba page after I login. I have attached a screen shot of what I am seeing. Please tell me where this box is. I feel like a dummy, but I am confused. Thanks.  <pop..
Jim Wright

Offline tbone321

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, »
You are not going to find it there.  You need to log into your escrow account page. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, »
I finally found a place to send the message. Now - just waiting on a reply. Thanks.  <pop..
Jim Wright

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, »
Sorry about that. My screen is different than yours.

Click on this link You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
  • enter your login info (email and password hit the enter key after you type in your pasword)
    If the Transactions page is not selected then Select the Transactions page and see your order
    On the right hand side click on view details button
    Now click on the Order tab about 1/3 page down on the left hand side
    Now scroll down to the bottom of the page you should see the text box
    Enter your text and click on the send button

Hope that helps

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, »
Rick: Thanks. Now I am back to the problem with logging into Aliexpress. The only way I can get in is to go to Alibaba, log in and then go to Aliexpress. I have contacted them about the problem, but they don't followup on their initial response. Anyway, I will go that route. Thanks. Jim W
Jim Wright

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, »
Also make sure you check for messages from Ray towards the bottom of the Order Tab. That is where he put the real tracking number for my order. I tracked my package and it is still in Hong Kong.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!