Author Topic: Rigid Sticks Arrive =)  (Read 1529 times)

Offline batdive

Rigid Sticks Arrive =)
« on: March 26, 2011, »
Well my order from Ray finally arrived.  As you might know my first thing was wanting to finally do a LEDtriks style set up and fully agree the rigid strips are the way to go.  Not to mention you can make a pretty big one if you like (64 tall max for a SS Hub).

I decided to go smaller for now and do 20 which appears will be a nice style scrolling display.

One thing that surprised me is the Rigid Strips come with the male and female connectors already attached, so connecting them together (max of 4 per SSC) will be easy.

Enough of the blah blah here are some pics:

Offline batdive

Re: Rigid Sticks Arrive =)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, »
Some more:  The last pic shows the height of 10 rigid sticks together so you can get an idea of size if you choose to use them also for a LEDTriks..

Bad news.. 20 sticks.. 30 leds each.. 3 channels per LED.. Yep 1800 Channels oh god that will be fun.. hahahahaahah

-JS

Offline rm357

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, »
Did they come with any type of mounting clip?

I've got 8 on the way, but i'm still waiting...

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline batdive

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, »
Yep they come with 2 clips per strip.  I might try to ask Ray for like 2 more per strip so they are more secure.

I'll take a pic of a clip for you.

EDIT: Pics taken
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, by batdive »

Offline rm357

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, »
Thanks for the pictures.
My plan is to space the strips so that my horizontal and verticle spacing of the LEDs is the same. I'm also thinking that i might need a sheet of diffusing material mounted about an inch in front of the strips so that the individual pixels can blend at the edges rather than being a bunch of discrete points...

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline batdive

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, »
Just FYI I had another issue with my order and Ray is taking care of that but asked him for more clips since 2 over the length of the Rigid strips does not seem enough for me to make it secure without bowing in the center.

He said he would hook me up so you might want to ask for double the normal clips or atleast one extra per bar, if you plan on ordering any.

-JS