Author Topic: New channel lineup  (Read 808 times)

Offline TheQueb

New channel lineup
« on: November 18, 2012, »
Ok So I've gone and added a couple of hundred RGB channels and I've done away with some normal d-light channels.  What's the key to changing my existing sequences over to the new channel lineup? When I used Aurora it had different options when importing a channel lineup. It would look at the channel names or unit and channel numbers if I recall. Does LORs3 have options like that because I've also rearranged my channels and imports of my new lineup to the existing sequences has NOT been pretty or quick.  :(

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: New channel lineup
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, »
I have added 750 RGB Pixelnet channels to my old sequences.

The only "safe" way to do it that I've found is to add them at the bottom of Track 1 (aka, "the Master" track).
That way, they get assigned the proper ID number and can then be dealt with in other Tracks.

Read that as - add them to the Master Track and then leave them (and all the other channels) alone. No moving, no renaming.

Create a Track 2 or Track 3, etc.., and you can do whatever you want as far as moving/renaming/grouping, even deleting from THAT track. The Master Track will hold everything together.

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The only "safe" way to do it that I've found is to add them at the bottom of Track 1 (aka, "the Master" track).
That way, they get assigned the proper ID number and can then be dealt with in other Tracks.

Read that as - add them to the Master Track and then leave them (and all the other channels) alone. No moving, no renaming.

Create a Track 2 or Track 3, etc.., and you can do whatever you want as far as moving/renaming/grouping, even deleting from THAT track. The Master Track will hold everything together.

+1, the only way LOR S3 can be updated.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheQueb

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, »

So load up one of my 2011 sequences, manually add all the new channels to the bottom of track 1 and then work with track 2? Sound like a lot of MANUAL work if I have a bunch of sequences... Or can I copy and paste the new channel lineups to the bottom of that track 1 somehow?

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, »

So load up one of my 2011 sequences, manually add all the new channels to the bottom of track 1 and then work with track 2? Sound like a lot of MANUAL work if I have a bunch of sequences... Or can I copy and paste the new channel lineups to the bottom of that track 1 somehow?

The other tracks will be added to your other sequences once you import the new LCC file. Just add the tracks once and export the file in a different name then import in other sequences.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheQueb

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, »
Well heck. lol  I've created a default template with just my new Lynx equipment. I don't guess there's any way to merge it into the bottom of an existing sequence from last year... If not, well, I guess I'm lucky that I only have one LE and 200 pixels to re-do into one of last year's sequences.

Offline TheQueb

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, »
Ok I did what you recommended. Used an existing sequence and added all my new channels and then duplicated the track to a new track I called "Working". I exported the channel config and then opened another existing sequence and imported that channel config. It looks ok except for timing marks.  There are none on the "Working" track but Track 1 has them.  What did I do wrong?

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, »
Up at the top of the sequencing screen is a Timings box and a drop down arrow. Your fixed timing, or any new timing you want to create, can be picked from that list.

Offline TheQueb

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, »
Once again, Thank you. I'm on a roll now. A slow roll but a roll... :)