Author Topic: SSC Question  (Read 1020 times)

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
SSC Question
« on: April 11, 2012, »
In playing with the various smart string items, I've noticed that colors are different from square nodes to flex strip to smart string nodes.  There is going to be a lot of trial and error to get everything to be the same color on the different items.  Which got me to thinking...

Would there be a way to program the SSC to have built-in color adjustment?  For example, let's say the square nodes have more green in them and the flex strip needs more blue.  The SSC would automatically adjust for that so that you could use normal RGB values in Vixen (or whatever sequencer) to get the color you want on all smart items in the display.

I don't know anything about the programming side of things.  I'm also guessing you would need specialized equipment to measure the red, green and blue on each item.

Thoughts?

Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: SSC Question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, »
i have given this some thought.

I purchased a device many years ago whose purpose was to calibrate the color you see on the computer screen with the color that comes out of your printer. The device hung in front of the screen and measured the rgb values . It took a view minutes. The software flashed different colors and then stored the adjustments needed.

I was thinking of using this device to get an independent measure of the colors from different types of led devices.

In the nutcracker you select colors from the color picker. If you picked a green "#00FF00" , i could adjust this color depending on the device.

The only place where i was thinking this might be of use is when you are projecting pictures and you want the color showing up on your tree to look like the color you see in the original picture. Most of my effects dont really need that kind of accuracy.

It is on the list , i dont think i will see that list completed until i turn 70. I will be 62 this year

*smile*
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In playing with the various smart string items, I've noticed that colors are different from square nodes to flex strip to smart string nodes.  There is going to be a lot of trial and error to get everything to be the same color on the different items.  Which got me to thinking...

Would there be a way to program the SSC to have built-in color adjustment?  For example, let's say the square nodes have more green in them and the flex strip needs more blue.  The SSC would automatically adjust for that so that you could use normal RGB values in Vixen (or whatever sequencer) to get the color you want on all smart items in the display.

I don't know anything about the programming side of things.  I'm also guessing you would need specialized equipment to measure the red, green and blue on each item.

Thoughts?

My guess would be yes, just like the LE has color curves for different lights so could the SSC. I would think the biggest problem at the moment would be RJ's time to write the firmware for the SSC. Apparently even RJ has time limits LOL (Still amazed about how much he does get done)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, »
Do you really think that there is ever going to be a real end to that list?   >:D
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, »
Do you really think that there is ever going to be a real end to that list?   >:D

Not if I can help it  ;D

one of his taglines: You haven't seen anything yet

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required