Author Topic: My first Christmas display  (Read 1132 times)

Offline ghethco

My first Christmas display
« on: December 15, 2013, »
After a year of researching, COOP-ing, soldering, cursing  <md.. , laughing  ;D , singing and yes, crying  :'(  my first song is done.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

HUGE THANK YOU to everyone here for all the help.  I of course have plans for something bigger and better next year.  I didn't really have time to do everything I wanted to do this year, but I'm still pretty happy with the result.

Major learnings follow.  I know some of these seem obvious, but it's amazing how many 'obvious' things one overlooks in the heat of the moment :-)
  • A single SS Hub will only get you 4096 channels! (one pixelnet universe)
  • Cat5 (RJ45) connectors need protection from water (they get easily waterlogged and corrode quickly)
  • Setup will always take 2x longer than you think
  • I could go on, but you get the idea :-)

Gary

Offline arw01

Re: My first Christmas display
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, »
Love it, what did you sequence that one in?

Your transitions were tight, and I have a big snoopy that this would be perfect with!

Offline ghethco

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, »
Yes, forgot to say, Light Show Pro v2.5.  I'm happy with it overall.  Still on the learning curve though.  There seem to be some annoying bugs, but hard to be entirely sure some of it isn't user error since I'm still learning.  Timing marks are the main thing that drives me crazy.  They have implemented quite a few features to make them a easier to deal with, but they are still the biggest pain point IMO.

Gary

Offline meman

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, »
Great job on this !
Thanks for sharing.....
Mike E.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, »
Nice display! Thanks for sharing.
Jeff Squires

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, »
very nice job!!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Nonamefril

• No really,I have no idea what Im doing
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, »
Awesome Job  <pop..

Offline arw01

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, »
Yes, forgot to say, Light Show Pro v2.5.  I'm happy with it overall.  Still on the learning curve though.  There seem to be some annoying bugs, but hard to be entirely sure some of it isn't user error since I'm still learning.  Timing marks are the main thing that drives me crazy.  They have implemented quite a few features to make them a easier to deal with, but they are still the biggest pain point IMO.

Gary

I moved to 2.8 and they did fix a number of things.  Playing with active mouse mode and using highlight colors can pretty much tame the timing mark issues.

If I happen to post something you are interesting is working from, let me know I will be glad to share the sequences.

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, »
Nice 1st year Gary, looks good. I wish i wouldve know you were in san jose ca, i live by the rose garden and fyb2000 (Francois) lives in campbell.
Sebastian from California

Offline fredhag

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, »
Sweet.
Cheers,
Fred