Author Topic: Madrix and Pixelnet  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Khaler

• Parkside Christmas
Madrix and Pixelnet
« on: February 01, 2011, »
So is there anyway to make SmartStrings work with Madrix?

Is LSP and Vixen the only option for controlling them?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Madrix and Pixelnet
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, »
I guess when RJ releases the plugin that it could be added to Madrix if that is possible with that program.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Khaler

• Parkside Christmas
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, »
Well the support standard DMX512 and Art-Net, but they're a big, fancy commercial product and I doubt they'll add custom DMX variants for output.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, »
Not at the moment but do not rule it out.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, »
I sure hope Madrix can eventually work with this.  There is vendor offering a special $400 deal on Madrix ... and $325 if you buy a light tube.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, »
better read the fine print.  That version of Madrix only supports 1 universe of DMX.  I.e. only 512 channels or 170 pixels....

The versions of Madrix for us Smart string users with anything beyond a modest number of nodes is in the 2k+ range  <md..

way more than I am willing to spend myself.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, »
Yeah, I was aware of that ... good point ... so your right, its not the deal it appears to be.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, »
Does Madrix know or care about the HUGE increase in sales they could have if they lowered their price?

Their $6000 (USD) price tag is probably fine for DJs working on a contract, but I can't justify even 10% of that cost.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, by JonB256 »

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, »
Nor will I spend it for it. But the truth is while I could put together a great looking demo with it and impress everyone with my megatree, It does not appear to be designed to really do the kind of seqencing we do for our shows. I am a extreme rookie with it but it just seems to be gear to be a super color organ with the ability to hand control lights at certain points in the show. Like you would in a nightclub.

Do not go based on this as I said I barely can get it to run lights and am probly wrong. I just wanted to test it with the Ether Dongle because Madrix is commerical software and if it would work with their software then I know it will work with anything on the same protocols.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying