Author Topic: Smart String Coop  (Read 43386 times)

Offline ILOVETOTRYDIY

Re: Smart String Coop
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2011, »
Oh okay,  was just hoping to spread out the purchases during the year so I don't have to pay for a divorce or funeral too.

There has to be some way to justify this to him..........................

Put me down for 800  <fp.
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.  Walter Elias Disney

Offline fasteddy

• WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com
« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh okay,  was just hoping to spread out the purchases during the year so I don't have to pay for a divorce or funeral too.

There has to be some way to justify this to him..........................

Put me down for 800  <fp.

You should be able to spread your purchase throughout the year, these wont just be available for a group buy. In fact I know where to get these and all the other pixel offerings for the smart string controller right now, but i wont divulge my source as ill leave that for RJ when he is ready.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline DilA

« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2011, »

You should be able to spread your purchase throughout the year, these wont just be available for a group buy. In fact I know where to get these and all the other pixel offerings for the smart string controller right now, but i wont divulge my source as ill leave that for RJ when he is ready.
[/quote]

Is this supposed to be a secret? The specs seem to pretty much dictate an 1804 chip and those LED's are available all over the place. I don't think there will be any problems finding LED's in different configurations for your SSC's, either from RJ or other suppliers.

Bob

PS of course this could all be completely wrong :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, by DilA »

Offline RickeyS

« Reply #198 on: January 14, 2011, »
I think I'll be in for 800 to 1200
Thanks
RickeyS

Offline lboucher

• Boucher Family Lights
« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2011, »
I will need 384, thanks
Boucher Family Lights

Offline Dude_From_WA

« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2011, »
I am planning on between 300 and 500 nodes plus some of the 50/50 RGB nodes and some of the LED strips.

I can't wait for the all of the COOPs to end and all of the hardware starts showing up on my porch! 

Offline Watsont79

« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2011, »
I would probably start with 50 nodes
Because We Have Fun!

Offline moronoron

« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2011, »
Since the SSC coop closed early I missed out on them (by 1 day :( ), so no controllers means no nodes :(

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2011, »
Noone said anything about only 1 coop for the whole year. you do realize that?

Since the SSC coop closed early I missed out on them (by 1 day :( ), so no controllers means no nodes :(

Offline moronoron

« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2011, »
Noone said anything about only 1 coop for the whole year. you do realize that?

Yes, but if there isn't another coop then I won't be able to run the lights at all. So I either buy a ton of lights I can't do anything with until another coop happens or I pass and don't buy anything till the next coop. With my luck I'd by the lights and there'd be no more SSC coops this year and I wouldn't even get to test my SSs let alone use them in a show. So I'll have to pass this time :(. It's really difficult to spend a ton of many on ifs.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: January 15, 2011, »
This is not an attempt to talk you in or out of anything but I need to fix what seems like a misunderstanding you have.

You do not even have to be in a coop to build Lynx equipment. You can get the parts your self and pcbs yourself and build the controllers. It just cost a few dollars more and is not as convienant.

Coops are not a requirement just a convienance for the users.

There will additional coops but many people will get pcbs from me. The Dongle's have never been cooped for kits so everyone of them the user order parts and pcb seperately and built them.

I think only you can decided what is right for you. I justed wanted you to have a better understanding.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2011, »
With my luck I'd by the lights and there'd be no more SSC coops this year and I wouldn't even get to test my SSs let alone use them in a show.

To reiterate what RJ wrote --you're mixing up "co-ops" with buying a board. RJ will have SmartString hub boards and controller boards to sell pretty much year-round (except when he runs out and has to wait for an order to go through). This is one of the secrets of DIYLightAnimation's success ... you need a board? RJ has 'em in stock -- PM him and he'll give you a price along with shipping; PayPal him the money and you're all set. You then go to Mouser, buy the bill-of-materials for the board and the board and the components will arrive at your home within days of one another. You will have paid a little more (15 percent? 20 percent?) than if you'd participated in a co-op, but you wouldn't be out of luck.

HTH.

\dmc

Offline remixsam

« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2011, »
256 nodes please

Offline odlids

« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2011, »
512 nodes
To err is human but why oh why must I be so human?

Offline tng5737

« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2011, »
RJ, will all future Smart String purchases need to be done within a  coop (due to licensing)?