Author Topic: Home sick from work - serious Nutcracker bug fix time  (Read 4949 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Home sick from work - serious Nutcracker bug fix time
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Okay,

I think I found the issue and corrected it.  Once sean uploads make_lsp-exec.php to meighan.net, it should correct the extra 100000 entry (the larger than normal cell).  Please let me know if it is still 50ms off.  This might be a logic error in how we are determining the frames and is pretty easy to correct if it is incorrect.

Kurt

i released make_lsp-exec.php

thanks kurt for looking into this

sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Voltorb

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, »
I finished my 2nd song this morning using the new code, and it's working wonderfully!  It takes FOREVER to paste 12,000+ channels into LSP, but it works, and the generated effects run MUCH smoother in the LSP scheduler than effects generated inside LSP.  Thank you both for all of your hard work.  You've exceeded my expectations!  Merry Christmas!
It's not the fast pace of life that bothers me....
....It's the sudden stop at the end!

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, »
I might be a release or two behind - but my local install nor the network version is not generating a LOR .lms project properly. I can create effects OK but not the final project. The issue is that I have a 30 x 42 pixel tree but the resulting LMS file (not the animated GIF or the little dialog box you see that describes the output) ends up with 30 x 30 pixels.

User: budude
Model: MTREE-30S-42P

Either project that I have in my lists are not working. I can't retest at the moment as I'm at work but I've tried it several times. Again, creating effects with the same model and effects in the project works fine. I'll try it again later tonight.

I just realized I kinda missed this message.   Was target fixated on LSP.  Looks like lms might need some TLC.  I haven't played with the new code for animated GIF that Sean released yet.  So this may have been fixed with the new release of animated gif code.   

Looking at the generated master NC file, it all looks good as does the cooresponding LMS file.  Realize that you have your target where it expects to have 45 smart strings of 42 pixels each.  Your description says that you have 30 strings of 42 pixels each, but this is not what is programmed for the target.  Perhaps this is what is skewing your results.  I believe the 45 needs to be changed to a 30, but I will not touch it as I am not sure what you intended.  BTW, I am using the meighan.net values and I think you are running locally, so your target may be correct (but I have no way to check it).

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, »
Hi Kurt

Thanks for all of your work and I hope you are feeling better.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, »
Hi Kurt

Thanks for all of your work and I hope you are feeling better.

Rick R.

I am fine now, thanks.  My older son has it now.  Like a 24 hour stomach thingy.
------

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, »
Hey Kurt, Have you had a chance to fix the model for start at bottom or top yet? Thanks for all of you efforts. As a Newbie here I've been using the copied effects into LSP and ran some sequences live, after my shows were over, last night and they came out awesome. I guess now I need to dive into projects. Is there a tutorial for projects?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, »
Hey Kurt, Have you had a chance to fix the model for start at bottom or top yet? Thanks for all of you efforts. As a Newbie here I've been using the copied effects into LSP and ran some sequences live, after my shows were over, last night and they came out awesome. I guess now I need to dive into projects. Is there a tutorial for projects?

Not yet.  I will have to collaborate with Sean on this fix as I am positive that the fix may be involved (I am almost certain that this parameter will affect every effect type.)

Glad that your sequences came out well!  It is what we work on Nutcracker for.

Kurt
------

Offline Voltorb

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, »
Gif timeline in projects no longer displays on local install.   I can see the gifs in the gallery fine.  Tried Chrome and IE.

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, »
Gif timeline in projects no longer displays on local install.   I can see the gifs in the gallery fine.  Tried Chrome and IE.

Voltorb, 

Know problem (to me anyways).  Noticed this about three days ago.  I broke something and need to fix the timeline now (I am certain that it is related to me removing the effect id parameter, which I think timeline is still looking for.)  Two steps forward, one step back.  Great way to code! *grin*

Kurt
------

Offline Voltorb

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, »
Not  a serious issue, just wanted to get it on the list.  Thanks again, this is GREAT stuff!

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, »
Okay,

Major rewrite (well not really re-write, just removal of all references of the failed effect_id calls).  It appears to be working, however, I have not tested this thoroughly.

One thing to note, this new code uses a new value for the effects in project (effect_name vice effect_id) so your projects will all appear to blank out!  I cannot help this happening as I am removing the effect_id (which is the value that the project was saving and the reason some of you were having issues with project since the effect generation did not guarantee that an effect_id was generated).

Kurt
------

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, »
Kurt,

You nabbed the large final cell issue.  All cells in the pattern are now the same size.  I tested the total duration issue and every effect is coming up 2 cells short (i.e. 100 msec short when I use 50 msec timing). Not a huge issue as I can probably generate the effects 100 msec longer than I actually need, as a workaround.

Thanks for all your work on this.

-Mike

Okay,

I think I found the issue and corrected it.  Once sean uploads make_lsp-exec.php to meighan.net, it should correct the extra 100000 entry (the larger than normal cell).  Please let me know if it is still 50ms off.  This might be a logic error in how we are determining the frames and is pretty easy to correct if it is incorrect.

Kurt

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, »
Kurt,

You nabbed the large final cell issue.  All cells in the pattern are now the same size.  I tested the total duration issue and every effect is coming up 2 cells short (i.e. 100 msec short when I use 50 msec timing). Not a huge issue as I can probably generate the effects 100 msec longer than I actually need, as a workaround.

Thanks for all your work on this.

-Mike

Okay,

Kurt

Still not perfect though.  I will work on this 2 cell difference.  I am sure it something relatively easy to fix, but will take some thought and concentration.  I won't call it completely fixed yet.

Kurt
------

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, »
I noticed that most, if not all, of my effects come up 2 cells short.  I don't use projects, I am just generating effects for Vixen.  I just always generate an extra .10 to .15 seconds of my effect so that it goes the all the way.  If it goes too far, I just delete the extra.  I had not brought it up yet as I could get around it, plus I have not narrowed it down as to which effects did it and exactly how many cells were missing.  My timings are 50ms.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, »
I noticed that most, if not all, of my effects come up 2 cells short.  I don't use projects, I am just generating effects for Vixen.  I just always generate an extra .10 to .15 seconds of my effect so that it goes the all the way.  If it goes too far, I just delete the extra.  I had not brought it up yet as I could get around it, plus I have not narrowed it down as to which effects did it and exactly how many cells were missing.  My timings are 50ms.

Thanks,
-Keith

Consistency is a good thing (even when in error).  I am more convinced that our logic used to generate the length of things is obviously off by 2 cells.  I will work on this as a low priority issue as we have good workarounds for it currently.

Kurt
------