Author Topic: Help me decypher the software...  (Read 2108 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Help me decypher the software...
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not so sure that Vixen is behind LOR at all with the new version.  From what I'm reading it actually looks ahead of it.  I will agree that currently is does not have the features that LSP has but I believe that's only a matter of time and time is the one thing that I do have right now.

Strange I thought Dr. Who was the time lord and not Tom??

Sorry, still on meds for this head cold

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, »
with being 100% Lynx, i don't think LOR can help me?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline caretaker

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, »
with being 100% Lynx, i don't think LOR can help me?
LOR S3 you could use as it outputs DMX as well as LOR protocol but in my opinion if your where thinking of LOR S3 I would save some $ and go with Vixen as they are somewhat similar.
Jeff Squires

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, »
i'm kinda leaning towards LSP for 2012
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, »
Its different by far from vixen.. I like lsp alot but the lagging kills me.. Dave is supposed to be working on it.and the scrolling up issue ticks me off too. But I like it better than vixen. I probably aint helping you out but its your choice.. You can try it for a month ( only 16 channels for demo ) and see for yourself. Its an ok product til something better comes along..  <fp.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, »
If the Demo only allows you to output 16 channels, it should have no time limit at all.  The program has gotten too big and too complicated to really learn any of it's real capabilities in 30 days, especially if you have a life and responsibilities.  If the price was more DIY then it really wouldn't matter as many would just but it and see what it can do but at its current price, I simply can't see doing that, at least not yet.  If Vixen can do half of what it claims to be able to do by the middle of the year then that's what I will use.  If not then I will look as LSP again but I have a hard time spending that kind of money for software to light up Christmas lights. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, »
If the Demo only allows you to output 16 channels, it should have no time limit at all.  The program has gotten too big and too complicated to really learn any of it's real capabilities in 30 days, especially if you have a life and responsibilities.  If the price was more DIY then it really wouldn't matter as many would just but it and see what it can do but at its current price, I simply can't see doing that, at least not yet.  If Vixen can do half of what it claims to be able to do by the middle of the year then that's what I will use.  If not then I will look as LSP again but I have a hard time spending that kind of money for software to light up Christmas lights.
I agree. But thats what it is. I Think it should be unlimited for 30 days and see whats up.. And god forbid you update it.. It made my puter run like a snail in the snow. <md... Some issues yet but it has potential..

Offline tbone321

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, »
Which is another reason I'm choosing to wait before making a decision.  I do like the some of the fetures that LSP has but it still has some serious issues and for me to spend that kind of money to make lighs blink, it better be lightening fast and pretty much flawless and it's not there yet.  Fotunantly for me, I'm not sure how I want to sequence yet so I'm not in a rush for software. 

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, »
My son is a programmer and he seems to think its a memory leak. I told him my memory leaked out too. But he can't fix that.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, »
My son is a programmer and he seems to think its a memory leak. I told him my memory leaked out too. But he can't fix that.

Yeah kids are like that  ;)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tbone321

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, »

Yea, that leak comes with age, LOL!

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, »
It comes from somewhere    <fp.