Author Topic: Before I order  (Read 1006 times)

Offline thestig

Before I order
« on: July 20, 2012, »
I am going to order 10 flex strips from ray in the next day or two and wanted to know if there was anything else that you think I should order with them? Do i need some kind of connector if I cut the flex strip? I am planning on outlining my roof and sides of my house with them and want to make sure I don't have to pay for shipping on another order from china.

Also do you think I should get in contact with Ray or just order it right off of the wiki product page?

Thanks,

Grant

Offline mmais68569

Re: Before I order
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, »
You did not state whether these are dumb strips or smart strips. Also I would order 2 -27 channel controllers. Send an email to Ray with what you want he will send you a PayPal invoice with all the items combined to save you shipping. Do not be afraid to pay him direct his up front person that can be trusted, I have paid him that way.
        Mike 

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, »
Also order the connectors:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Order extra end caps (if you are planning to cut the strips up)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Also, send him a chat message or email and ask for a discount for bulk (or lower shipping costs)
I did ask for a discount since I ordered 15 LED Flexstrips and I got a 20% discount (YMMV)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, »
I bought the 3 core connectors for my smart strings and I now have them on my new flexstrips.  Buy more than you need.  I keep a spare SSC and also have a connector that has alligator clops on the end so I can connect up to a new string or strip and test without having to do any soldering.  Send Ray and email and ask for a consolidated quote.  That way he will give you cheaper shipping and  a paypal address to use and you won't get it with a foreign transaction fee on your credit card.  Last year I place my first order thru the alibaba site and ended up with problems getting the credit card approved and then got hit with a 3% foreign transaction fee on top of everything else.  Be sure to get extra end caps if you are going to cut your strips and maybe a little extra tubing.  If you ask nice he may just throw them in for no charge.  I also bought the tester, but have yet to use it.  I also put a connector on it so I could hook lights to it with no soldering or using a screwdriver.  The connectors are cheap.  You may also want to buy some of the 3 wire cord if you are going to cut strips or need to make them go around obstacles.  It is very flexible and matches the wire used on the strips as sent to you.  Only comes in 100meter minimum, but nice to have on hand.  You will see lots of folks searching for wire to use that they can buy locally but it seems to be difficult to find.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA