Software > Vixen

vista and vixen not working

(1/2) > >>

ron d:
last years show computer is a windows xp laptop with only 2 usb outputs. i ran 300 channels with no issues last year.
i have a better xp laptop with 3 usb outputs and drivers will not install properly for usb-rs 232
i also have a new vista laptop but when jumping vixen over it will not even open.
I am using 2 usb outs for non dmx renard and need a 3rd output to add wireless dmx. How else can i do it from a laptop other then a usb out or any suggestions to convert vixen 2.0 files to laptop 3 and run with newest version of vixen or to even get vixen to open.

WWNF911:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginlast years show computer is a windows xp laptop with only 2 usb outputs. i ran 300 channels with no issues last year.
i have a better xp laptop with 3 usb outputs and drivers will not install properly for usb-rs 232
i also have a new vista laptop but when jumping vixen over it will not even open.
I am using 2 usb outs for non dmx renard and need a 3rd output to add wireless dmx. How else can i do it from a laptop other then a usb out or any suggestions to convert vixen 2.0 files to laptop 3 and run with newest version of vixen or to even get vixen to open.

--- End quote ---

How did you "jump vixen over"? Just curious. If you haven't tried it yet I would do a fresh install of you original version of Vixen. If you're just copying files / folders that may be your problem. Do you still have the source file to install with?

Leon

PS - I'm finding out that V2.5 does have some issues including test channels does not work.

tbone321:
Did you try running vista in XP mode for Vixen

ron d:
I jumped it on a jump drive. I did it last year from programming to show computer and do the same now. I had my show run fine last year with 2.0 so im still running 2.0 and never updated vixen. I hoped to run from lsp but i didnt have time to get all the renards converted and i only have 8 lynx and need 328 channels.
far as running vista in xp mode im not sure how to try that. where do i find that info out?

Randy_A:
Ron,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, try here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Randy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version