Author Topic: LOR Users Help!!  (Read 2408 times)

Offline UncleBuck

LOR Users Help!!
« on: October 07, 2012, »
I have verything working on my desktop computer using LORS3 Advance. I installed LORS3 advance on my laptop to use as my show computer and I keep getting a comm port Error and I have no data going to the dongle. Where do I go to get the right comm port going?  <fp.

Offline tbone321

Re: LOR Users Help!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, »
I guess that you are using a USB dongle since you didn't say and the EDT doesn't use com ports.  Have you loaded the FTDI drivers for the dongle and does the laptop recognise the dongle when it is plugged in?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, »
 Yes I'm using a USB dongle. Probably not because I have no idea what the FTDI drivers are or where to go to install them. The laptop does not recognise the dongle. Keep in mind I'm very new at this and not very computer knowledgeable.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, »
If you go into the WIKI, under the USB dongle page is the link to the FTDI drivers.  make sure that the dongle is unplugged and then download and install the USB driver.  The lnk will put you on the correct page.  Once the drivers are installed, plug the dongle back in and make sure that it installs the new drivers for the dongle.  If not, then you may have to go into the hardware manager and remove the previous install of whatever generic driver Windows previously installed and then plug the USB dongle back in to get Windows to install the correct drivers.  Once the correct drivers are installed and Windows tells you the com port it assigned to it, then you can use that infomation to properly configure LOR.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, »
I went to the wiki and clicked on the link which directed me to the FTDI site. At that point I have no idea what to do. It doesn't seem to have a button that says download here. I tried clicking on the 2.08.24 in windows column but it just asked if I want to save it not to download. Any help?

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, »
Hi Buck,

You will save the file to somewhere on your computer and then open it to install the files. Then follow tbone's instructions.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, »
Ok, I saved the driver stuff to my computer and went to open it to do the install and when I clicked on it it brought up Windows Media Player and an error came up stating that Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. Would a picture of my laptop screen help?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, »
THat would probably help.  This way we can see what you are doing.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, »
How do you post multiple pictures?

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, »
Here's the picture that shows what comes up when I try to install the drivers that I saved.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, »
Sorry, I don't know how to post multiple pictures.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, »
Additional pictures

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, »
Additional pictures

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, »
it's a zip file, try right-clicking it and choosing extract
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, »
You also need to make sure that you are running a 64 bit version of whatever operating system you are using if you select that file.  All the way to the right in the comments section is an exe that might install them for you.