Author Topic: LOR Users Help!!  (Read 2409 times)

Offline UncleBuck

Re: LOR Users Help!!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, »
When I right click the only options are play, open, open with, restore previous versions, send to  and properties.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, »
Ok, I got the drivers installed and the computer is recognizing the dongle. When I open up a sequence the little box in the lower right hand corner is red and when I hover over it with the cursor it states "Comm Port Status: Error

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, »
FTDI Com Port List 
Displays which Comport the USB Dongle is on 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, »
Have you gone into the network settings and setup the DMX dongle? It's towards the bottom of the page.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, »
Ok, I got the little box to turn blue and the comm port status is good. How do I get the little blue box to turn orange? I believe that LOR is set up for demo and is disabled.

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
    • Santas-Runway-Christmas-Lights-Display
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, »
right click on light bulb in tool bar go to network settings and setup the dongle in lor s3 you have to close sequencer and reopen after you do this then the dongle should work

if you don't have the light bulb icon in tool bar go to programs and start the lor control panel software

hope this helps

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, »
right click on light bulb in tool bar go to network settings and setup the dongle in lor s3 you have to close sequencer and reopen after you do this then the dongle should work

if you don't have the light bulb icon in tool bar go to programs and start the lor control panel software

hope this helps

RED = No Comm port configured either LOR or DMX Universe.

Blue = LOR Comm port configured for a Regular LOR network and/or a DMX Universe also configured.

Orange = DMX universe configured ONLY and no LOR Regular Comm port.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, »
I right click on the light bulb and the only thing I see is network preferences no network settings. In network preferences I have four tabs, LOR, DMX, X10/Dasher, Options. Under DMX it gives me the Universe Adapter/IP Address and Protocol. In universe 1 I have the Adapter set for the dongle (DPBLICZ) and Portocol set for Raw DMX. Still no communication with the express.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, »
Is there someplace in LOR that I have to go to and turn on the lights? Could LOR still be running in demo mode?

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, »
Is there someplace in LOR that I have to go to and turn on the lights? Could LOR still be running in demo mode?

In the top of your screen while in the editor will tell you which level of software you have, Only the Advanced version can do DMX.

In you channel setup do you have the channels assigned as Universe 1 and channels numbers?

Do you have under Tools the 'Control Lights" with a check mark?

Do you have the Control Panel software running? If you do is the Dongle connection being accepted?

Next is,I assume, you have Lynx Controllers using a LOR Dongle, if so then did you do the conversion cable to assign the dongle pins 4-5 to pins 1-2 on to the Lynx controllers, you should have the DMx LED light on at this time.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, »
I have LOR advance, channels are assigned as Universe 1 and channels numbers 1-128, I don't have the option "Control Lights" under the Tools tab but under the Play tab "Control Lights" are checked, the control panel is up and running and the listener is up and accepted, I am using Lynx Controllers and Lynx dongle. I have everything working on my desktop computer but I want to use my laptop as the show computer.

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, »
I have LOR advance, channels are assigned as Universe 1 and channels numbers 1-128, I don't have the option "Control Lights" under the Tools tab but under the Play tab "Control Lights" are checked, the control panel is up and running and the listener is up and accepted, I am using Lynx Controllers and Lynx dongle. I have everything working on my desktop computer but I want to use my laptop as the show computer.

Sorry for the OOPs on the Tools and not Play. <fp.

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
    • Santas-Runway-Christmas-Lights-Display
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, »
lynx dongle needs to be set to lynx protcol not raw dmx see photo below

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, »
That did it!!! Thanks to everyone again!! This is first year and my family thinks theres no way I can get it up and going. Oh ye of little faith.  >:D